Historical Perspectives

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by WinterMute, Mar 18, 2003.

1. WinterMute Moderator emeritus

WinterMute

2. zarathustra macrumors 6502a

zarathustra

I don't like it when history and emotion are mixed together to create a propaganda speech - from either side of the fence.

There are some blaring differences between Bush, Hitler; Germany and the USA. You cannot think in terms of black and white.

Hitler claimed that it was Jewish terrorists, we know it was Al Qaeda terrorists.

Hitler put Jews in concentration camps that were citizens of Germany, Bush jailed fighters from Afghanistan who supported a known terrorist group.

There was never any evidence that jews were in any way plotting to destroy Germany - it was only a propaganda spread by Hitler. We know that Al Qaeda and other groups and nations are determined to harm the US and possibly other targets, they said so themselves, many times broadcast over TV and radio.

And I could go on. I am VERY tired of comparing a dictator, Hitler, who had a fanatic idealogy and ruled with ultimate power over his land, to Bush, who might not have had the majority of the vote, but was elected, who is the leader of the most powerful and free country in the world. If the majority of the Americans wanted to throw him, they could, if the lawmakers wanted to stop him, they could - that's the great thing about the US - all because of democracy.

These messages inflame an uneducated, overly zealous public and do more harm than good.

3. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

Lethal

4. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

More progaganda - and no matter how well written its still a bunch of horse poop. That whole article just really ticked me off. Ugh!

D :mad:

5. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

all this type of writing does is just piss people off and cause more unneeded controversy...

honestly...why do they feel the need to stir things up anymore??? :rolleyes:

6. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

For a lot of reasons, actually. Someone could have payed him to write it, he might just believe this crap and want to convince other people. Or more likely he's looking for a little attention and a good arguement. If this had been posted on the forums he would have been taken as a troll looking to cause problems. To bad we can't go in and close his forum ;)

D

7. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

too bad we cannot bitch slap him! :eek: :D

8. runningman macrumors regular

So he's comparing Bush to Hitler. Now don't get me wrong I'm not a huge GW Bush fan but if you read the article it talks about the terrorist burning an historic landmark and then compares Bush to that. So now it's Bush who hired the terrorists to hijack planes and crash into the world trade center, the pentagon and a field in pennsylvania. All so that he could gain more power and drive a war on the other side of the world. Yeah that makes sense. I wonder if anyone ever told the author to exhale.

9. WinterMute thread starter Moderator emeritus

WinterMute

Sorry gents, didn't mean to p*ss anyone off, I just thought it was interesting to see how you can extract links to anything if you look hard enough, and we sure are looking hard for all kinds of links these days.

(Does this sound like frantic backtracking to you?):p

C'mon, i'll buy you all a beer:)