History versus Apple :(

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by princealfie, Jul 6, 2006.

1. macrumors 68030

princealfie

http://www.appleinsider.com/article.php?id=1865... very sad that the historical preservation idiots have banned the apple store... yuck!

Okay, I know that Boston I dislike their policies on demolition etc. etc. but Portland, I thought they were liberal? Huh... okay what a joke...

2. macrumors 6502

I thought this was going to be a summary of all the bad things that have happened to Apple throughout history LOL

3. macrumors 68000

Spock

And that sounds so cool too, who needs history?

4. macrumors 68020

Macky-Mac

good for the preservation people then.......send apple back to the suburban malls with the other franchise boxes if they cant figure out how to design a store in a historic area

5. macrumors 601

eva01

And Apple is still trying to get a store in Boston to go with the rest of the street.

Shows that Portland < Boston :p

6. Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Completely agree with the preservationists. There are plenty of places where Apple stores can go...historic districts shouldn't be one of them. They don't exactly fit in with most other building styles, which is a good thing...in the right setting.