HL2 settings in bootcamp + 20" widescreen

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by shecky, Nov 20, 2006.

1. shecky Guest

May 24, 2003
    Obviously you're not a golfer.
    curious as to what people's settings are in HL2 under bootcamp. i have a new C2D 2.33 with the 256MB x1600 and i have my settings at 1440x900 (widescreen) with all the settings maxed other than 2x antialias and no anisotropic filtering (or however you spell that .. i do not have the machine in front of me). i run this on a 20'1" widescreen Viewsonic LCD.

seems to look good but i am getting occasional stuttering of the action; not really low-framerates but every few minutes i will get a tiny pause in the game. just seems a little more choppy than it should be. is this normal? and i like having the antialiasing on, what would be the next correct resolution down to allow for more antialiasing, etc..

edit: maybe this should go into the games forum.
  2. Nym macrumors 6502a

Oct 4, 2006
    Porto, Portugal
    Humm, try turning the anti-aliasing off or lower the resolution to 1280 x (Whatever number), it should give you a performance boost.
    IMO I don't mind turning off the anti-aliasing to experience the game fluid and without hickups, but that's just me :) a little less graphics, a little more performance, take your pick ;)