Hmm... Bonjour doesn't work on Tiger on my Mac?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by ravenvii, Aug 21, 2005.

1. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

I tried to get a printer working with Bonjour. I have three computers on the network, two Macs and a PC. I installed Bonjour (from Apple) for Windows on the PC, and that works fine. The Mac with Panther on it detects the printer no problem. But mine, on Tiger, for some reason doesn't. When I tried to set up printer, I can't choose a source to look for the printer - i.e. USB, Bonjour, etc. The browser is empty, and I can't do anything. And when I tried to print anywhere, Bonjour isn't in the drop-down menu for printers (In Panther, Bonjour/Rendezvous is in the drop-menu).

So is it done differently in Panther and Tiger? Can anyone help me out?

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Weird. How is the printer connected? Is it on the network or connected to one of the other computers? Also, have you got a firewall on the Tiger Mac? Have you enabled Printer Sharing in the Sharing Preferences and in the Printer Preferences. This technically shouldn't do anything (because it's for sharing a printer from your Mac, not to) but it may be worth a try.

My two Tiger beasts just worked straight out of the box. :confused:

3. ravenvii thread starter macrumors 604

ravenvii

It's connected to the AirPort.

I tried to turn on printer sharing, but that doesn't do anything (and shouldn't anyway, the printer's not connected to this computer). The firewall's off, so that couldn't be the issue. I can connect to the AirPort just fine, as evidenced by this response.

4. simie macrumors 6502a

simie

Have you got the latest printer drivers installed?