hmm, I just got this idea...

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by vollspacken, Apr 23, 2003.

1. vollspacken macrumors 65816

Oct 17, 2002
    Boogie-Down Berlintown
    ...I have two old-skool macs. a beige 266 g3 and a stylish se/30 for which I'm planning to buy the asante ethernet card.

here's what I plan to do:
    I want to buy one of the new airport basestations in order to have wireless printing and internet access with my tiBook... AND (since the SE/30 looks so funkeee) I'd like to hook up one or both of the old macs to the basestation and access them over the network. I don't want to use them other than as hosts for a couple of scsi-drives that I still have lying around.

- the g3 would probably be MUCH more practical because it will easily run os9.2
    - the se/30 would be less noisy and the style-factor is unbeatable, but os7.0/7.1 sucks...

is there a possibility to connect the se/30 to such a network configuration (tiBook as the main computer + a Airpxtr. basestation)

...if so, I see myself putting 3 se/30s next to my sofa:D

I hope someone can help me with this wierd idea:)

Attached Files:

• se.gif
      File size:
      16.3 KB
  2. vollspacken thread starter macrumors 65816

Oct 17, 2002
    Boogie-Down Berlintown
    hehe, the image actually is not a se/30 but a se... but you get the impression (isn't it cute;) )

3. boskie macrumors regular

Feb 6, 2001
    North Side Of Itchy Town
    If your daring you can atempt something like this if the motherboard will fit...,2125,51231,00.html

Would be a cool project - if i come across an old imac or g3 somewhere i'd love to give it a go sometime, i have a Mac Plus, an SE 30 and a Classic, all screaming for something to do!

I was toying with the idea of an aquarium for one, but have just thought a Tranatula would be way cooler:cool:
  4. cubist macrumors 68020

Jul 4, 2002
    Muncie, Indiana
    It should work fine, if you have the ethernet card for the SE/30. You might need to get a 4-port hub if you want to connect both the G3/266 and the SE/30.
  5. shadowfax macrumors 603

Sep 6, 2002
    Houston, TX
    don't airport base stations have a 4 port hub on them built in?