Hmmm.... Cant see other drives after upgrade...

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by Bob Dobbs, Feb 10, 2004.

1. Bob Dobbs macrumors regular

I am still in the middle of upgrading an old G3 450 with 256 ram from os 9 to osX.2.8

I just noticed that the extra 2 drives (25 gigs each) that are on a scsi card are no longer there. I ran system profiler - it sees the scsi card but no drives....

i am repairing permissions now, and will boot into OS 9 and hope to find the data on those drives, so this may be premature panic, but what am i to do?

I do not know what cards they are, vendor, so i don't know what drivers they may need - or if they even work at all on OSX - my bad.

Well if anyone has a great thought while i finish on that machine - I'd love to hear some good news.

2. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

You might open your case and see if you can figure out what kind of cards you have. Knowing that will most likely be key to figuring out your problem. Most cards have the company name on them or something of that nature. Your data is probably okay though. Unless you told the installer to format all your drives... but most likely your data is safe...

3. Bob Dobbs thread starter macrumors regular

ok, can boot into os9 anymore - thats on the old drive - lol...

opened up the copmuter, its a proMAX TurboMAX/ATA-33.....

Not compat with osx --- bummer, guess i should not assume anything anymore...

but... i have some other pci card that says no name but ata 100 poped that baby in and hold my breath