Hmmm strange...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by daneoni, Nov 24, 2006.

1. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

i noticed that the trackpad on my MBP somewhat freezes (stops responding) once in a while for about 4 secs. Its not that frequent and happens maybe once a week or 3 times in two weeks, which makes it difficult to prove. And to be fair i dont get the feeling that its a major issue, could be wrong

Anyone else having this and is there a fix?, i hear you can reset the trackpad?

2. daneoni thread starter macrumors G4

daneoni

3. deadpixels macrumors 6502a

deadpixels

from this thread, someone with keyboard problems, might help in your case too :D

I had a very similar problem, if I remember correctly, clearing the PRAM and resetting the PMU fixed it.

Take your battery out, disconnect it from the mains, and hold down the power button for 10+ seconds.

Put it back in, reconnect the power and hold Command, Option, P and R until you hear the Apple chime three times. Hopefully that'll be it sorted.

4. crazycat macrumors 65816

crazycat

Thats a RAM problem i would say, sometimes even with my Mac Pro with 4GB RAM when i am using iTunes, buring a cd and have others things going on i somethimes get scrolling freezes. I found i got them more with firefox then i would with Safari.

5. daneoni thread starter macrumors G4

daneoni

I'll try the PRAM reset, hoever i dont see how RAM could be an issue. I have 2GB. Admittedly i do push RAM to the limit thanx to safari, itunes or quicktime streaming BUT still, it should be enough. Is 4GB the new 2GB?.