HMV UK

Discussion in 'Games' started by mpw, Jan 25, 2005.

1. mpw Guest

Someone got me some HMV vouchers for Christmas but I get my music from iTMS and don’t have an X-Box, PS etc. I don’t like paying for DVD’s I’ll only watch once so was planning to get a game for my iMac.

Trouble is my local HMV doesn’t have a single Mac compatible game! The staff were about as helpful as herpes so does anyone know if this is the norm for HMV or whether I just need to find a bigger store with a better selection.

You might want to suggest a game while you’re at it. The last computer game I bought was 1996 Sim-City!

2. Veldek macrumors 68000

Veldek

Don’t know about this HMV, but all bigger stores can normally order anything you want, so this might be a possibility.

What are your gaming interests? Do you like FPS, MMORPG or RTS? ;)

Just tell us some more and we’ll be able to recommend a good game.

3. Brize macrumors 6502a

Brize

Just had a check on hmv.co.uk, and it doesn't look like they carry any Mac compatible games. Might be worth giving the Oxford Street store a call though. They have a mail order service that will accept your gift vouchers by post, so the distance wouldn't be a problem.

4. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    Keep them until next time you want an iPod? ;)

I've got a couple of vouchers for shops that I don't use. I must confess that in the past, I've ended up keeping them until a relative's/friend's birthday and buying them something from that shop.

5. Veldek macrumors 68000

Veldek

Another idea: buy Warcraft 3. It’s a great game and it’s PC/Mac hybrid, so should be available.

6. mouchoir macrumors 6502a

The large HMV on Oxford st, London does carry a very small range of mac games such as Call of Duty, Medal of Honour and a couple of other recent releases. You do have to hunt around a bit upstairs to find the littie mac shelf though!

I bought my COD there.

7. asif786 macrumors 65816

asif786

hey there,

this is odd - i was just in hmv today, looking at mac games! :D

i was at the oxford street store - they have around 20/30 mac games in the PC game section downstairs.

I was torn between The Incredibles and Spiderman 2, and so ended up buying neither.

hope this helps!

/asif

8. combatcolin macrumors 68020

combatcolin

Do the vouchers come with a code?

If so you should be able to use them with HMV online store.

Or you might not - but hey its a thought!