Holding off from MBP for MacBook...

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by princealfie, May 5, 2006.

1. princealfie macrumors 68030

Mar 7, 2006
    Salt Lake City UT
    I am glad that word of a possible MacBook is looking more and more evident. I held off from the MBP (as much as I have to love that design) due to some early problems plus the fact that iBooks tend to be stronger and more durable. I can't wait for my MacBook :) :rolleyes:

I love plastic computers especially this one which is bulletproof and smaller too.
  2. Transeau macrumors 6502a

Jan 18, 2005
    Alta Loma, CA
    I'm going with both...

I sold my 15" MBP 2.0 last friday and order a 17" MBP.
    Once the MacBook / iBook (I don't really care what it's called) is released, I'm going to sell my Dell Latitude D810 notebook and buy the 13" MacBook.

17" for home / multimedia use and the 13" for on the road and seeing clients.
    Now that I don't need a Dell to run Windows anymore, there is no need for a big heavy (and ugly) PC notebook.
  3. iEugene macrumors regular

Apr 18, 2006
    Let's just hope that the MacBook isn't plauged with problems like the MacBook Pro.
  4. mmmcheese macrumors 6502a

Feb 17, 2006
    If Apple doesn't consider the sound a problem, then I expect it will be the same as the 15". As for heat, I think they have a bit more space to work with, so they will likely have bigger heatsinks and be slightly cooler.