Holding Option When Opening iPhoto, Attempting to open iPhoto Library Does Nothing.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by HappyDude20, Mar 17, 2013.

1. macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

Hi all,

I've dragged my iPhoto Library from my external onto my rMBP. I've then opened iPhoto while holding down the option key, though I don't need to do it since I have a new copy of iPhoto from the App Store. I try to click to open my iPhoto Library but absolutely nothing happens. It seems like i'm stuck and its bugging me.

All I want is to have my 50GB iPhoto Library on my Mac in iPhoto. Any help is appreciate. The photo included shows where i'm stuck.

Edit: I noticed that since transferring my iPhoto library that Spotlight is indexing it all and has 38 minutes remaining. I guess i'll wait for this to complete in hopes i'll then be able to import this library..

Attached Files:

2. macrumors 6502a

Try double clicking on the iPhoto Library icon and launch iPhoto that way, which should also open the Libary.

3. thread starter macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

You know that actually did it . LOL. Funny how the simplest things tend to be the answer.

Thank you for the response, I really appreciate it.