Holiday Cheer At Starbucks

Discussion in 'Community' started by wdlove, Nov 16, 2003.

1. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

"Three cups of Christmas cheer arrive with a smile." I visited our local Starbucks today. I got an 8 ounce free sample of Peppermint Mocha Latte, it is delicious. Below is a description of there seasonal drinks.

The Barista noticed my wifes Panther Dogs Tags, smile. He was aware of them. Also the store will offer an Internet Cafe beginning in January.

http://www.starbucks.com/retail/beverages.asp

2. KBFinFan macrumors 6502

No stops close to me.. as I am in the middle of New York and Boston.

However, I do love their seasonal offerings.. as well as the seasonal red cups. It's the most wonderful time of the year.. la.. la..la..

3. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

I actually went to Starbucks the other night for an after dinner jolt. I was curious about the gingerbread latté, but got an espresso machiatto instead. :D

4. tazo macrumors 68040

tazo

*sniff*

starbucks has killed the tazoberry line until spring :(

*sniff*

I don't really like anythign at starbucks...maybe I will try one of their teas or something.

Mocha Frappucinos arent bad tho...

*sniff* may tazo[berry] rest in peace...:p

5. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

u should learn to appreciate the juice of the bean... ;)

6. Moxiemike macrumors 68020

Moxiemike

Man.

I can't bring myself to drink anything from a place who's growth rate equals that of only weeds.

They keep getting brasher here in town-- opening up other *$ locations across the street, like, DIRECTLY across, from established local cafés.

It's like Apple doing the R&D for a windowing system and Windows stealing it.

Same difference really.

Death to *$.

7. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

I'm not that much of a fan of Starbucks and go to my local coffee house instead. The coffee is much better anyway...

D

8. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

Well normally I do the local business, CC's (Community Coffee). However, the other night I had dinner with my mom & stepdad, and they wanted to go there after. I'm not gonna argue after having my hibachi dinner paid for. ;)

9. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

I took you guys to Misha's when you were here, right?

There are now 2 Starbucks in Old Town less than a mile from each other on the same street (King St.)

The new one was down by the waterfront and it got wiped out during the hurricane and subsequent flooding. Their rebuilding it though....

D

10. Moxiemike macrumors 68020

Moxiemike

Like weeds, i tell you.

Not even mother nature can wipe them out.

11. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

Oh yeah...I liked that place. ;)

And that new Starbucks they were about to build already got wiped out? :eek:

12. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

yeah, it was sad actually, because there were quite a few businesses that were hurt.

A local bakery, Ben & Jerry's, a books store, a couple restaurants and a few other shops.

Starbuck's has been busy rebuilding though, so I imagine it will be open soon. Some of the others aren't as lucky.

D

13. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

Well, they do have the money to put up for it I'm sure. Most of the places around there weren't chains.

Can't wait to come back though. ;)

14. wdlove thread starter macrumors P6

wdlove

My wife got the gingerbread latté and she said, "I loved it, has a good taste of gingerbread." I hope that you will give it a try. The peppermint latté was great IMHO.

15. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

flavored coffees aren't really what I like drinking. A good cup of coffee with a little sugar is all I usually get. some times I'll go for a dopio or latté - but that's a rare event.

Besides, the local place I go to, Misha's, roasts they're own beans....its damn good ;)

Regular Starbuck's coffee is blah...

D

16. MacFan26 macrumors 65816

MacFan26

I was so excited when I saw that they'd be selling their Christmas drinks again, I love those Gingerbread Lattés! It's too bad that Microsoft has to own Starbucks.

17. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

I don't mind a little flavoring in mine really. My main concern is flavor. I'm pretty much ruined for regular brewed coffee anywhere, as I'm used to what I make at home & it tends to be on the stronger brewed side. Which is why I go for an espresso drink most of the time. It's only bad when it's heated too much & it taste burned or is weak, which can happen. ;)

18. wdlove thread starter macrumors P6

wdlove

I wasn't aware that Microsoft owned Starbucks, if true this is quite a shock.

Mr. Anderson, I think that I partially agree with you on the flavored coffee front. When it comes to black coffee, I prefer it just that way. Defintely no cream or sugar. A friend of mine likes Hazelnut, for me no way.

There is just something special about the Latté, it is a special Sunday treat.

19. MacFan26 macrumors 65816

MacFan26

I wasn't positive about that. If they don't own it, they at least own a share. Does anyone else know?

20. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

I know Microsoft struck a deal with Starbucks back in 2000 to do some internet networking in their shops. I don't believe they're part of the same corporation though.

21. tazo macrumors 68040

tazo

Some zealot told ya that I am sure, since the obvious connotation is to associate any company homegrown in washington originally, with a software company that is in the same state :rolleyes: Yeah microsoft owns nordstrom too ;) :eek:

I might try the gingerbread latte. Does it taste like coffee? Hope not..Also is it a warm or cold drink?

And eye,

I cant stand the taste of coffee...leaves a bad taste in my mouth....but to each their own.

22. wdlove thread starter macrumors P6

wdlove

I trully hope that you will try one of the classic drinks. It is a warm drink. My wife said that there is a slight coffee taste along with the gingerbread, she high reccomends that you give it a try. I would highly reccomend the peppermint mocha, at first was afraid to try. Found it to be delicious, has no coffee taste but mainly the taste of mocha and slight peppermint. IMHO it is just a great combination of flavors. You should ask for a free sample, please give it a try.

23. tazo macrumors 68040

tazo

24. question fear macrumors 68020

question fear

for those who want to try starbucks drinks but dont want to go to starbucks, head to your local borders...similar drinks, but you'll support something other than starbucks.
    and we offer wifi with tmobile.
    did i say we?
    uh...shameless plug. :)
    -carly

25. tazo macrumors 68040

tazo

heh.

because borders is a real mom & pop kind of company :)