Holy cow, look the price on the Refurb PB 15's

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by rschapel, Apr 29, 2004.

1. rschapel macrumors member

Well... I can offically say I am VERY glad I bought when i did. I think its surprising that the price went UP on refurb models after the new machines came out. I was happy about saving the $300 (off edu discount, $1999 with SD, 512 ect ...) bucks when I bought the refurb before... but now that the same machine has gone up a 100$ I am even happier! :D though I must say for $200 I would be tempted to buy the "new" machine. Not to mention I lucked out and got a model with a single stick of Ram... :eek: talk about a good deal. Dang, I knew macs hold their value well, but to appreciate in value? THAT I never expected. :)

Maybe I should start investing my money in Apple hardware, instead of mutal funds... ;)

2. baby duck monge macrumors 68000

baby duck monge

are you sure these prices are not for unopened, but old models instead of refurb models?

3. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

I think you're right. I'm seeing two separate sections of 15" PBs; one new and unopened, one refurbed.

4. denm316 macrumors 6502

The 1.25GHz refurbs did drop another hundred bucks to $1899 after the new 1.5 GHz's were announced.

5. rschapel thread starter macrumors member

6. stuuke macrumors regular

7. rschapel thread starter macrumors member

Go into the store, on the left hand side bar, 2/3rd down the page. Special Red tag stuff.

8. kwajo.com macrumors 6502a

kwajo.com

is it possible to get apple refurbished systems in canada? if so from where?

9. baby duck monge macrumors 68000

baby duck monge

it's ok. no need to be down on yourself. the refurb store can get kinda confusing because they don't always have all the different sorts of products, and you never know when things are going to be all refurb or if there is going to be some new stuff in there. you just have to read the headings very carefully. :)