Holy cow! SoHo Genius Bar is now open from 6am to Midnight!

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by t300, May 4, 2005.

1. t300 macrumors 6502a

t300

So I live in New York City and end up at the Apple store 2-3 times a week, just for something or nothing. I went to the site to check on a time for a presentation and noticed something that really stood out to me.

[​IMG]

Uh, WOW. That is almost 24 hour tech support, if you average in sleeping time. Is my SoHo store the only one with that? I can certainly see why they extended the hours. It takes about 45 minutes to fill up the entire day with appointments in the morning, and then there are a million people who come straight there and didn't sign up or anything. Well, this is good news!

2. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

That'd be great and all, but the Genius bar is staffed by idiots! :eek:

ps. No offense to any Genius bar employee who reads this post. :eek:

3. t300 thread starter macrumors 6502a

t300

Maybe at your local Apple Store but SoHo's is not bad at all. Everytime I have gone in there with something I can't fix, the "genius" knows just as much as I do, as cocky as it may sound. BUT, it does bring up the fact that there will be MORE of them and so now there could just be idiots running the show in the early morning and then at night. We will see, though.

4. Balin64 macrumors 6502a

Balin64

Lacero, Lacero...

I am sure that the gals/guys behind the counter are well trained; for the most part. We tend to be elitists on these boards and think we can all work a genius bar. But, dealing with the public in retail takes a certain... panache. I hope these kids at the Apple Store in SoHo have it: especially at 11:45 pm.

5. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    I wonder if the other 'ultra' busy Genius Bars will follow suit. Regent St is pretty hard to get an appointment in. The day's appointments are gone before lunchtime.

The few times that I've had to take something in (duff iPod headphones and an iSight that kept crashing the Finder whenever I plugged it in), they were very helpful; and had an answer for the iSight one eventually which no-one here was able to help with.

One thing I have noticed though is that they're always astonished (and grateful) when you seem to have any knowledge at all. The ones in London at least, seem to get stuck with a lot of 'my iPod isn't playing x' type queries. Or I've had my iBook for 3 years and the battery is only lasting 30 minutes so it must be faulty. :rolleyes: I'd go nuts