Holy crap, check out my friends video

Discussion in 'Community' started by slipper, May 10, 2004.

1. slipper macrumors 68000

slipper

2. cr2sh macrumors 68030

cr2sh

He does know that that's a Honda Civic, right? I mean.. seriously. It's a civic.

Was that filmed in Houston?

3. ExoticFish macrumors 6502a

ExoticFish

The inner depths of madness, aka Kent, OH
    wish my civic could do that but it has 187,000 miles on it and there's no way i'm putting a turbo in it... perhaps if i get a new one some day.

even then i wouldn't get the body work. i'd rather pull up to someone who thinks their car is the **** and have them look at me like "yeah right"... then i'd smoke em. :D

4. kuyu macrumors 6502a

kuyu

that was cool.

I've got a friend that is in the process of "ricing" his 03 eclipse. So far it's got the body kit, carbon fiber hood, AEM brakes and intake, racing plugs etc., slammed 2 inches all the way around, stabilizers, adjustable suspension, custom DVD system, racing clutch, and an momo throw shifter.

I drove it the day he got it, and I've driven it now that it's a rice car... DAMN. I always discounted those things because of the 4-banger thing, but RICE CARS ARE VERY FAST.

He's going to get some racing tires, NOS, and a turbo, intercooler, and some new seats/5point belts. right now the brakes will throw you out the front windshield.

Wish I had that kind of money... :)

5. Josh macrumors 68000

Josh

You do know that there are Civics out their with over 1000 horsepower at the wheels, right?

Hondas, specificaly the b16 and h22 engines, are incredibly reliable, effecient, and inexepensive. They are nearly perfect for turbo and other forced induction boost. And with the light weight vehicles they come in, Civics can be made extremely fast.

Thats exactly why the Civic is one of the most popular tuner cars out there.

6. Mav451 macrumors 68000

Mav451

hehe, but only rear-wheel drive will do that...so somewhere between 200-1000 you gotta change from front to rear (FF >> FR)...haha don't try doing this at home kids 0_0

7. dopefiend macrumors 6502

ls1>b16 and h22

buzzzzz buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz buzzzzzzzzzzzzzz buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :p

8. crap freakboy macrumors 6502a

crap freakboy

nice colour, is metallic diarrhea the new blue?

bet that pulls the quality chicks everytime...sorry but of all the cars to 'upgrade' he choses a civic...I'll stop there, had a long day.

you shouldve warned us the vid came with extra cheese :)

9. slipper thread starter macrumors 68000

slipper

lol obviously you guys dont know what your talking about. 660 horsepower at 2.0 bar and he ran 10.9 1/4mi. at 1.4 bar.

10. dopefiend macrumors 6502

My bike does that with 120ish hp :p

11. cr2sh macrumors 68030

cr2sh

And yet.. they're still Civics. Who cares?

Give me an original idea. Fabricate your own parts. Design something. Do something that is truly yours.

Don't give me this mass marketed, fiber-glass, 2fast 2furious, mail-order bull**** and call it cool. Because its not. Its shame that 20 years down the road your kids will be laughing at how stupid your car looks in that video. These guys often present a danger and a nuissance to our public roads when they break the law... and they have very bad taste.

I can't believe that Mac users look at this stuff and think its cool, its mindless garbage.

12. dopefiend macrumors 6502

See, I'll make fun a little and stuff, but people like cr2sh take it a bit to the extreme.

There are people out there that like to fix up their cars.

Your opinion means jack **** to these people ;)

and I'm sure his kids will look back at this video and not laugh. :rolleyes:

Its not my type of car to fix up, but I give him props for doing it anyways.

Nice job to your friend.

13. Mav451 macrumors 68000

Mav451

there's quite a difference between tuners and ricers. This applies to any race/ethinicity as well (white/hispanics/blacks can be ricers too, not just asians). A guy put up a webpage a while ago talking about the distinction...I dunno if he still has it up though.

14. Ph4lynx macrumors member

15. MacAztec macrumors 68040

MacAztec

What a POS car. Ohhh, it whines like a KX-125 motorcycle, and is as small as a mini car from Europe.

I saw a real car the other day, that was built for eBay motors. It was the body of a 67' Stang Hatchback, a really beatup one. They cut off everything in front of the windsheild, and ordered a new body from some other mustang within the same years (65-69). They modified it so much, it looked better than the '05 mustang, and had the same concept. They said the car would cost someone around 300,000 dollars to build. Everything is hand sand blasted, welded by hand. No part is dirty.

It had about 680 Horsepower without a turbo or supercharger or anything.'

Another car they built had over 1000 horsepower, looked good (unlike the civics), and went from 70mph to I think 140mph in 1.5 seconds.

16. slipper thread starter macrumors 68000

slipper

lol and you guys call yourselves mac users. macs are all about thinking outside of the box. if you know your terminology, you would know that this car is not "rice". You would know that this car is not built from off the shelf parts. and you would know that there is a 99% chance that this car would blow the doors off your car.

to call this car a"rice cooker" would be like calling every fixed up american car a "red neck mash potato eatting bastid"

sorry i didnt mean to start some kind of online arguement but i thought this forum consisted of a mature audience void of flamers. so what if the mustang makes 1000hp, is it your mustang? well you know what, theres a guy making 1100hp and another guy making 1200hp......

grow up

17. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

i love how people on this forum still classify us mac users like we are sent from the gods and drive lexus' and jaguars all day and laugh at a riced out civic. personally i think its an awesome car, but thats just me. driving those cars are fun as well, but i have since then ventured into the jeep world. so my definition of ricing out a car is skid plates, rock rails, lift kits and light bars :)

iJon

18. EJBasile macrumors 65816

EJBasile

One thing i will never understand- why soup up your car to make it go fast when in the U.S. its not even legal (yes speeding)???

We should get autobonds!

I lover my 2004 Range Rover
    Black Metalic Paint
    Black Leather
    282hp engine 4.4 liter V8
    Perminant 4 wheel drive
    Active Cornering Enchacment (ACE)
    Cornering Brake Control (CBC)
    Dynamic Stability Control (DSC)
    Emergency Brake Assist (EBA)
    Park Distance Control
    Harmon Kardon Sound System
    12 way power seats
    Dual Throttle Mode

12/16 gas milage- in ct $2.00 a gallon ahhh

19. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

what's not legal, speeding?

iJon

20. musicpyrite macrumors 68000

musicpyrite

Personally, I don't like the look of the Civics at all; I much rather prefer an RX-7, or a Supra. You did an excellent job of 'customizing' the car, there's a kid at my school who owns a Supra, and was thinking about putting direct port nitrous injection. lol, that was hilarious when he said that to me. He's already got a pretty sweeet ride (and spent enough money on it).

21. slipper thread starter macrumors 68000

slipper

lol, its not my car and im not trying to showcase it. i posted because i was surprised that my friend could make such a good video clip.

22. MacAztec macrumors 68040

MacAztec

My bro did somethin like that on his old stang and burned his pistons. Haha, he still has the car, and it still doesn't run (not because of that though).

23. Danrose1977 macrumors regular

Danrose1977

Not bad, personally I would prefer a different colour, also I prefer a machine that looks normal at the lights and the leaves the porsche's standing! Less bodywork and I'd buy that off you...

I seriously think that their is a big market for modding "off the shelf" cars and selling them on, look at what Hartge did with the mini cooperS: http://www.hartge.de/html/miniuk.html

24. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    i like what they have done with some of their cars

25. darkwing macrumors 65816

Look at the 90s sports cars. Supra TT, 300zx TT, 3000gt VR-4, and the RX-7. All went slower in the 1/4 mile than a less-than-half-the-price Z28, and the Z28 was rated for more mileage and put out way less smog. Those cars are gone now (except for the 3000gt) because of smog related issues.

For the same price, you can have a Vette and compete around the corners as well as blow it away in the straights.

So much for Japanese "technology."

Steve