1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

Holy eMacs for sale batman...

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by nospeed411, Dec 9, 2010.

1. macrumors 6502a

Figured I would pass this along. I was browsing craigs this morning and found the holy grail of eMacs...this guy must have a 100 of em.
    http://york.craigslist.org/sys/2101809001.html

I am gonna give em a call a little later and go pick up a few for giggles. He also has a few clamshell Ibooks for 25 bucks each and they all work. So if you are in the Southern PA/Northern MD are I think this may be of interest.

PS anyone tells my wife I will hurt you:D

2. macrumors regular

Hot damn makes me wish I was in the east coast right now. If I were him I would cluster all them and start folding@home! Could you imagine the score you would get everyday?!

3. macrumors 68030

Yes. Probably less than a single Mac Pro, but with the power consumption of 200 Pro's. Totally worth it! :rolleyes:

4. macrumors 68000

tom vilsack

yes hello aircanada i need a flight to newyork asap!!!!

humm wonder what it would cost to ship a clamshell to vancouver...hint hint

5. macrumors 6502a

I would be more than willing to go pick one up and ship it to you...hit me up on PM if I can help ya out.

6. macrumors 6502a

i would want one but i wouldnt know what to do with it, run Mac OS 9 apps?
    oh the childhood memories xD

7. macrumors 603

blueroom

Those aren't eMacs, those are Alien facehugger eggs. Be afraid!
    [​IMG]

8. macrumors 68040

MacHamster68

wow i only have 3 of them (but 1.42's), but would love to make a eMac wall :D
    who cares about power consumption if you got fun with Mac's :confused:

the easiest way to safe energy is to switch off the computer if you are concerned about your electricity bill

9. macrumors 6502

Oh heck, if only they were iMacs...

10. macrumors 65816

SkippyThorson

I was definitely going to ask if you could snap me up a clamshell iBook, but I texted him, and he quoted me $100 for one. :eek:

I would love to pick up an iBook for a relative of mine that's not necessarily tech savvy, but definitely interested in learning. A fun little simple laptop would be just what she'd like, but not a 10 year old one for $100.

If you can get one with the Charger and Wifi for $25, please, do let me know. :)

11. macrumors 6502a

I am trying to get a hold of him today...he had an ad on there for 4 of em for 100 bucks picked up.

12. macrumors 601

OrangeSVTguy

Will be going to DC in a few weeks so I may have to make a little detour :D I wonder how many I can fit in my car? lol.

13. SkippyThorson, Dec 12, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2010

macrumors 65816

SkippyThorson

I would only shell out the $100 for four if I knew I could sell the other three at a profit. I really know I'd only want to give one as a gift. If I could sell the other three to get my total purchase price back I'd do it. Anyone follow Craigslist? Anyone still want these things other than me? :p

NoSpeed411, if you can just get one, please snag it up! I don't care what color as long as it works fine! :) However, if he really wants to sell the four, what would you guesstimate shipping would be to Utica NY? Not positive I'd want all four...