Holy Gods Over New Orleans, Batman!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Guitarius, Oct 29, 2005.

1. Guitarius macrumors 6502a

Guitarius

I finally was able to get back into my apartment in New Orleans today, and I was greated with great news. There was water damage, and only minimal mold. There was a lot of dust, as they had the sheet rock removed from the walls, so that dust was everywhere. I packed it all up, and left.

But man. The whole time I was driving down Elysian Feilds, I was wondering when I was going to get back to the US, because it looked nothing like the New Orleans I know and love. It looked like Beirut, or Belfast, or some third world nation that's been in civil war for the last few decades.

The slince, man. The silence. I got out of my truck and just stood there. There was no traffic, no horns, no cars, no AC's, to people yelling, no nothing. Just dead silence. All I could hear was the wind, and a crow somewhere off in the distance. It was so eerie. A ghost town, man. A ghost town.

2. iGary Guest

iGary

My sister moved back into her house in the Garden Distrcit a couple of weeks ago and says it is very depressing to live there right now.

3. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

i can't imagine what things are like down there..

glad you were able to salvage some of your stuff at least though.

4. Guitarius thread starter macrumors 6502a

Guitarius

How's it fare over there? I didn't really go looking around. I went into, got what I could, and left.