Holy good God...BlackBerry Z10's on ebay

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by MuddyPaws1, Feb 1, 2013.

1. macrumors 6502

2. macrumors 68040

3. Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Wow, personally I'd not spend half that on any phone, let alone a blackberry. Those are some serious blackberry fans wanting it.

I personally wonder who consumers will receive the blackberry. The early reviews have been tepid at best, but that doesn't seem to be stopping those bidders.

4. macrumors 6502a

Nabooly

This happens with all new releases though....not just BB or cell phones.

5. macrumors 68000

roxxette

L O L ! Exactly :D

6. macrumors 6502a

Lol I wouldn't pay over $300 for it off contract.

7. macrumors 6502

Off contract price shouldn't be over 200. But RIM in their infinite stupidity believe they are still in 2008 and can charge a premium for their phones. The Z10 should have been $49 on contract, to get the masses of consumers back onto their phone. Now, they have all but insured their road to bankruptcy.

8. macrumors 65816

9. macrumors 65816

This isn't anything new. The iPhone's do this every year, as do most new highly anticipated devices.

10. macrumors 604

lordofthereef

If you guys EVER thought iOS had fanboys, steer clear of the crackberries! Seriously, they have some of the most die-hard fans of any product I have ever seen. I am not surprised some of them are willing to drop that kind of cash on this new phone.

That said, I think it's foolish to dismiss this phone so prematurely. It could very well be good. From what little I have seen, I am honestly pretty impressed. Even if it is a solid phone, pricing is what is going to bring them back IMO. Look at what Nokia is doing. They were THE PREMIUM BRAND in phones for about a decade and they don't put themselves beyond releasing a budget-priced phone to get the masses hungry.