Holy Moly!

Discussion in 'Community' started by tk-421, Jan 13, 2003.

1. tk-421 macrumors member

I'm a normal lurker here but I have to show these pics a powerbook a customer brought in Friday. Apparently his ceiling fell on it. Ripped the display right off the casing, bent the display and cracked it wide open, and smashed in the left side of the case. Luckily we were able to recover his data.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

3. FelixDerKater macrumors 68000

FelixDerKater

Will it still boot? I've heard of them getting run over by trucks and the only that that didn't work after that was the display.

4. tk-421 thread starter macrumors member

It powers up with a chime, even gets on the external monitor but never puts out a signal. CD drive 'sounds' ok too.

5. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

the pics, when cobined with their greenish tint, remind me in some horrible way of pre-autopsy photos of accident victims. poor little guy, even titanium can't deal with this...

did someone at least ask how his ceiling fell on it?! that's not an everyday occurance, at least not around here...

you know, i'm actually surprised that it ripped it off the hinge... i would have expected the screen to have gotten pretty torn up and bent, but ...wow.

pnw

6. G4scott macrumors 68020

G4scott

:eek::eek:

Wow...

Now if it were a plastic PC, heh, you can kiss everything goodbye...

Well, maybe not the hard drive, that is, if its still in one piece... They can be pretty durable, but everything else would be shot to sh*t...

I hope he has AppleCare...

7. tk-421 thread starter macrumors member

no Applecare, and i don't think they would cover this anyway... they aren't resposible for falling ceilings. It's $1200+ to fix because of the LCD, so i think he's just gonna buy a new one eventually.

8. Ifeelbloated macrumors regular

He's a liar! His ceiling didn't fall on it! His girlfriend trashed it because he was spending more time with it than with her!

9. tk-421 thread starter macrumors member

possible theory, but the white ceiling powder (like drywall) stuck on the display gives it away. :p

10. krossfyter macrumors 601

krossfyter

well she could have thrown it into the wall!

girls can do that ya know.

:D

11. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

eyelikeart, great new Avatar! Great that Apple makes a quality product, sturdy!

12. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

my pc laptop would have been flattened for sure

and my ibook might not have fared much better...nothing out there is stronger than titanium and yet light enough to be put into a laptop or pda product

13. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

ah...thanker...I had a few mins and was playing around in Fireworks last night...

I thought I'd make something of my own... ;)

14. big macrumors 65816

big

yeah, that reminds me of the PC-maniac that "sat" on my new 12" iBook. 700 to fix the screen, but everything else works like a charm!

so, I opted to spend a little more, sell the iBook for 700, and replace it with a 14.1" etc etc