holy video problem batman!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by coffey7, Jun 22, 2006.

1. coffey7 macrumors 6502a

coffey7

So I clicked on cnet.com to see some videos and they don't work on my macbook now. Also my windows media player 7 is freezing and locking up on NHL.com videos. WHEN WILL A NEW WINDOWS PLAYER BE COMING OUT? Cnet worked for me last night. I tried to watch videos with firefox, opera 9, camino, and safari. What is happening?

2. TechnoPagan macrumors regular

People can certainly correct me if I'[m wrong, but I don't think there will be a new Windows Media Player for Mac/Apple any time soon. I think you'll need to find the beta Universal version of flip4mac and use that on the Intel-based machines.

3. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

You are correct. Microsoft does not have any plans to update Windows Media Player for OS X.

4. coffey7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

coffey7

My flip for mac doesn't work yet.When will that be supported?
    Oh by the way I restarted and now the videos work. It could have been a cnet problem.

5. superbovine macrumors 68030

superbovine

http://www.macrumors.com/pages/2006/01/20060113040653.shtml

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/player/wmcomponents.mspx

hint hint wink wink nudge nudge

6. TechnoPagan macrumors regular

It's still in beta, but it's linked on the forums. Just do a search for "Flip4Mac beta." The beta works with Intel-based computers.

7. the Western zoo macrumors 6502

the Western zoo

CNET do not use Windows Media Player but a flash player!!! I don't know why it is not working... It's not working for me at the moment either!
    Actually I thought my internet connection was to blame because it has been acting a little weird lately being slower than usual and since my ISP isn't that good I just thought of it to be another of their short commings....

Does anyone else have problems viewing the video-reviews on CNET?

edit: I just went to CNET and now I can watch their videos again... maybe it's just a bad server or something...?

8. superbovine macrumors 68030

superbovine

or you just click the wonderful microsoft link in the thread...