Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Nowhereelse.fr [Google Translate] has published several high-resolution images purportedly showing flex cables from both the 4.7-inch and the 5.5-inch iPhone 6. These latest images add to the growing number of flex cables and other internal components for the iPhone 6 that have surfaced in the past few months.

iphone6-home-button-flex.jpeg
These images include a possible look at the home button cables from both iPhone 6 models. The photos show two different designs for the part, each with a square section for the Touch ID sensor but distinct from the iPhone 5s part. While Apple's iPads are also rumored to be gaining Touch ID functionality this year, the parts shown in the photos are compact enough that they are much more likely to be for the iPhone.

iphone6-incduction-flex.jpeg
Another set of photos shows a flex cable with the ambient light/proximity sensors and a microphone. The corresponding part from the iPhone 5s includes the device's FaceTime camera, but the camera is not included on the purported iPhone 6 cable.

As the rumored September launch of the iPhone 6 approaches, we expect to see additional part leaks, especially for the 5.5-inch model which may enter mass production in the coming month. Supply chain reports claim the 4.7-inch model entered mass production in July.

Rumors suggest Apple may stagger the launch of the iPhone 6, introducing the 4.7-inch model in September and following that launch with the 5.5-inch version later in the year.

Article Link: Home Button and Sensor Flex Cables From 4.7-Inch and 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Shown in New Photos

Luap

macrumors 65816
Jul 5, 2004
MacRumors really needs some sort of "New iPhone Parts!" thread.. Then they can just keep adding to it with each new morsel they get.

Erphern

macrumors 6502
Mar 6, 2013
UK
I went to sleep last night hoping that I'd wake up to pictures of new (alleged) flex cables. Thank you, MacRumors!!! Thank you!!!

PowerBook-G5

macrumors 65816
Jul 30, 2013
I miss the days where we would be surprised by new products from Apple, even though there are still some that come out of the blue and catch us off guard. Maybe I should stay off of MacRumors/the internet then...

TWSS37

macrumors 65816
Feb 4, 2011
I think I can speak for everyone when I say "It's about time we had another part leak post!"

MiniEggs

macrumors newbie
Oct 22, 2013
I suspect the larger cable is for the iPad Mini refresh

Maybe there will be a 5.5 device but could it be an "iPad Nano" as opposed to a phone ie paperback/e-reader sort of size. Smaller and lighter than the current crop of Kindle my pants are on fire readers

KazKam

macrumors 6502
Oct 25, 2011
...showing flex cables from both the 4.7-inch and the 5.5-inch iPhone 6.

Um, there's nothing about these parts that has anything to do with the RUMORED screen size(s) of the iPhone 6.

Also, I'm with Gruber on this one... I don't think Apple will be coming out with a 5.5" iPhone, at all. At least not this release cycle. I just can't see Apple having that many iPhone models available at once. "Phil Schiller's head would explode."

Yvan256

macrumors 603
Jul 5, 2004
Canada
I know I'm repeating a lot of earlier comments, but... iPhone Air? What could that possibly be? An ultra-thin iPhone with 30 minutes of battery life?

pondosinatra

macrumors 6502
Jun 9, 2009
Calgary, Canada
Who cares!

MacRumors should really change their name to 'Useless, boring, fuzzy screenshots of every possible widget that may or may not be part of the next iPhone' instead.

GeneralChang

macrumors 68000
Dec 2, 2013
Who cares!

MacRumors should really change their name to 'Useless, boring, fuzzy screenshots of every possible widget that may or may not be part of the next iPhone' instead.

Isn’t that description kinda implicit in the RUMORS part of the name? This is exactly the kind of post I expect from a rumors site.

EldonChew

macrumors regular
Dec 3, 2011
Singapore
"Doubling down on secrecy"

I think they have done a great job.
These parts are leaked from the suppliers that they have limited control over(thousands of employee that are on the other side of the globe)

They did manage to double down on secrecy on their side.. iOS 8 and Yosemite's features was not leaked before hand..(3rd party keyboard, Continuity features, Swift, Metal etc was not leaked before hand)

Leonard1818

macrumors 68020
Nov 15, 2011
parts is parts!

and why is "iPhone Air" surprising? If there are going to be two sizes, Apple will need to call it something to differentiate them... You think Apple is going to call them: "four point seven inch iPhone" and "five point five inch iPhone"? If so, they're paying their marketing team WAY too much...

the iPhone Air name to distinguish the smaller of the two would not be a surprise to me at all.

69Mustang

macrumors 604
Jan 7, 2014
In between a rock and a hard place
I think they have done a great job.
These parts are leaked from the suppliers that they have limited control over(thousands of employee that are on the other side of the globe)

They did manage to double down on secrecy on their side.. iOS 8 and Yosemite's features was not leaked before hand..(3rd party keyboard, Continuity features, Swift, Metal etc was not leaked before hand)

Parts leaks primarily means hardware. Software doesn't qualify as parts.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.