home button question - any click noise/feel?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by bmat, Dec 14, 2008.

1. macrumors 6502

I know this has been asked before -- and yet my searches found unsatisfying answers. So apologies in advance.

Just got a 3G -- I've had a touch -- does the 3G iPhone home button make any click feel/sound at all? My iPhone doesn't; I've seen threads that it's harder than a touch (which makes a click) and 1st gen iPhone, but don't know if no click at all is normal.

2. macrumors 6502

I've only experienced my 3g, the only sound it makes is the natural one that one would get when clicking a button. It doesn't have a sound come out of the speaker or anything. I can't compare this to a touch though

3. thread starter macrumors 6502

Hmm. Mine makes no natural sound at all and barely moves when clicked.

4. macrumors 6502

wingsabr

Same here. Just a push and the screen change is my indicator or noise if you will...

5. macrumors 65816

iVeBeenDrinkin'

No click here

6. macrumors 68040

acfusion29

I have noticed that the touch's home button is definitely louder.

7. macrumors 604

jmann

No click here. I've had mine for a few months, so that might be why. My twin's 3G is brand new and his clicks. It's noticeably different.

8. macrumors 6502

Justinerator

had my 3g since launch (first one! :cool:) and mine still clicks depending on the way I press it. From a certain angle, it clicks. Most of the time, though, it doesn't...

The ipod touch has a very noticeable click, much more potent than the iphone...

HTH!

9. macrumors 6502

I'm one of the sad ones that worry about such things as well :(

10. macrumors regular

Lucbert

Why do you even care? As long as the button works, it doesn't matter wether it makes a clicking noise or not.
    I realy don't undersatnd wht things like that are brothering you. It's just a phone, keep that in mind!

11. macrumors 68040

dontwalkhand

Because a broken button means it is a failing button, which in turn could lead to a failing phone.

12. macrumors 604

jmann

Just because it doesn't click doesn't mean it's broken... :rolleyes: