Home button too sensitive?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sc20k1, Sep 21, 2012.

1. macrumors newbie

Hi everyone, just came back from my Virgin Mobile store where I got my iPhone 5 32GB. I played a bit with it on my way back home and noticed that Siri kept popping up and that apps closed randomly. I was not even touching the home button.

After a little test I found that when I press gently on the bottom of the iPhone 5, it act as if I had pressed the home button. Is this normal? Can I get a new one a an Apple Store? It's pretty annoying since only a light weight on the corner wake the iPhone, close an app or activate Siri.

Here's a video:

http://youtu.be/vYneY5iJD00

2. macrumors G3

Geckotek

I think you mean sensitive?

Edit: Can't get mine to do the same. Seems defective. I'd take it back.

3. macrumors regular

Hey - all the past iPhone users here are well acquainted with the quirks of iPhone spell check. We knew what he meant.

4. thread starter macrumors newbie

Do I need to take it back to an Apple Store or a Virgin Mobile store?

5. macrumors 6502a

My home button is solid. Real audible click. More so than my 4s.

6. thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry, I made the correction. It's a new phone and the spell check was still ON.

7. macrumors G3

Geckotek

So I'm going to assume he posted this on his iPhone? I wasn't being a smart ass, just a gentle correction/question so step off. And the fact that I answered his question is proof my intent was not to be a jerk.

8. macrumors member

You must have gotten the phone with that rectangular "touch" home button. Consider yourself lucky!

J/K mine has been fine...

9. macrumors G3

Geckotek

Whichever you think has stock.

10. macrumors newbie

I am having the exact same problem. It's become a real issue because I'm a student, and in the middle of class siri will pop up or start playing music. It's definitely not just your iphone. If there's any way to fix this, I'd love to know.

11. macrumors 6502

Are you guys serious? How the **** would you guys come to the conclusion that siri popping up by itself and apps closing themselves is NORMAL?? Obviously a hardware fault, book a genius appointment and take it to the apple store.

Don't bother going to virgin, they'll tell you to go to Apple store because they handle the warranty.

12. macrumors 6502a

aphexacid

No problems here. Best home button on an iPhone so far.

13. macrumors 6502

Book a Genius appointment with Apple for a replacement. Virgin will likely refer you to apple for warranty issues.

14. macrumors newbie

I just got back from the Apple store were they replaced mine for the same exact issue. "Supposedly" they'd never seen that before and didn't give me any problems offering a replacement.

15. macrumors 68020

Rocko1

If I had a nickel for every time I heard 'we have never head of this issue' I would have personally paid for Steve Jobs yacht to be released.

16. macrumors 68020

aPple nErd

Ya take it back. My iPad 3rd gen and iPhone 5 both make th "click" sound when I tap them.