Home Page Suggestion

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by iriejedi, Apr 11, 2005.

1. iriejedi macrumors 6502a

iriejedi

I wanted to make a site suggestiion

In a mini window on the front page, can you display the Mac Romors pole question results? :)

Or change the 'You've already voted!' message to one that sounds a little [EDIT: LESS] accusatory of voter fraud. :p

:eek:

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Posting the results would probably give people one less reason to vote (albeit small) which in the name of data collection is a bit of a downer. :(

3. iriejedi thread starter macrumors 6502a

iriejedi

Good Point - as a MBA student in marketing I like to follow the progress of surveys/poles as they evolve - but each time I read the 'message' I always feel like I'm being accused to wanting to double vote and throw the election. :p

I know the intention is not that. Maybe since the site logs the IP address to determine this fact, maybe it is not needed? :rolleyes:

Now if I had had my coffee this morning... I'd suggest an animated version that shows the results in time laspe form so you can evaluate any trends of people who respond.... :D

4. tech4all macrumors 68040

tech4all

You know whenever I see a message like that with a "!" on the internet or somewhere, I feel like they're mad and yelling at me. Like I'm being scolded :(