home video's onto ipod...?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by sam10685, Feb 20, 2006.

1. macrumors 68000

sam10685

I know this may be a bit of a stupid question but how do u put home movies onto ur 5th generation ipod? i tried dragging the video into itunes but no such luck... help please...!

2. macrumors 65816

CoMpX

What format are the files? A quick, easy way to do it would be to open up the file in iMovie, provided it is compatible, and choose share. Then just click iPod.

3. macrumors G4

Eraserhead

try looking here its on ilounge an ipod website... it gives information about converting video on a mac... there is a seperate article about converting dvd's there should be a link from the page i have linked to if thats more useful...

4. thread starter macrumors 68000

sam10685

i thought it was the right format... .AVI. i just used Mactheripper and Handbrake to put a movie onto the ipod for personal viewing and it put it into a .MPEG4 format and it went onto the ipod no sweat. is there a way i can change the format of the home video?

5. macrumors 68040

Scarlet Fever

this is the thread you need to read. I've followed these steps and it looks great (on my friends 5G iPod by the way).

6. thread starter macrumors 68000

sam10685

thanks dude... but i already have the DVD on the 5th gen ipod. i need to know how to convert .AVI type home video to .MPEG4 type home video so i can put it on the ipod.

7. macrumors 601

liketom

QT - export to iPod ?

i thought that was standard now days :)