Home Wireless Network please

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by keithbeck, Mar 1, 2007.

1. keithbeck macrumors newbie

Mar 1, 2007
    so cal
    I am new to macs: have a MacBookPro using OS X 10.4.8. I have a home wireless network using a Linksys WRT54G v.5 router, with fully updated firmware. At work I connect to internet via ethernet. I come home, and Airport immediately finds the home network, Internet Connect says I have a very strong signal. However, i cannot browse. When I go to SysPref/Network and Show Airport, I find that Airport is trying to use an incorrect IP address. To get connected, I have to power cycle the router, modem and the Mac (and sometimes have to do the cycle multiple times). [Needless to say, this power cycling every time I come home gets my family upset....]. I have spent several hours with Mac and Linksys tech supp. Mac says it's the Linksys fault; Linksys says it's the Mac's fault....

I would greatly appreciate any help.

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

Jun 6, 2003
    Solon, OH
    Try going into System Preferences, clicking on Network, selecting AirPort, clicking Configure, clicking the TCP/IP tab, and clicking the button that says "Reacquire DHCP Lease" the next time you have this problem. That should fix it...