Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

barrysfarm

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 1, 2005
The card wallets are $6
The wristlets are $25 and they include a matching card wallet.

The Monster Sleeves are $65

Is something showing up weird?

njmac

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2004
barrysfarm said:
The card wallets are $6
The wristlets are $25 and they include a matching card wallet.

The Monster Sleeves are $65

Is something showing up weird?
weird, I can't find the card wallet now... maybe its just me :confused:

barrysfarm

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 1, 2005
Everything purse/wallet/monster is on this page (be warned, the wallets at the bottom moved around randomly*):
http://barrysfarm.com/?a=katie

*you know what, I'm not sure why i did that, I'm going to change it so it stays the same. EDIT: I fixed this.

thestaton

macrumors 6502
Jan 19, 2006
man that's awesome. I just enlisted my girl friend to try and make me one. I think i'm gonna do an aqua teen hunger force theme. very very sweet.

Oofie

macrumors regular
Jul 25, 2006
Bay Area, CA
Nice stuff you have there! Now, if only I could ask my girl to do the same, I can save 65 (Ill probably order one in a few weeks).

ExileinBlonde

macrumors member
Mar 21, 2006
I'm definitely buying one! I have a question though, are they green and red ones the same exact design as the blue?

barrysfarm

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 1, 2005
I have a question though, are they green and red ones the same exact design as the blue?

Yes, they are the same design.

There are a couple more designs of monster and purses we're working on, and we're going to try and add more colors.

You and your girlfriend have a lot of talent.

Thanks!

reburrcca

macrumors member
Jul 24, 2006
Bay Area, CA
barrysfarm said:
Thanks everyone! She is getting a kick of of these responses.

Ok...just for you guys. The voucher code is "mac_rumors" and it's for 15% off of anything up to $200

Edit: The voucher can be entered upon checkout, and is good until august 31st.

I'm on it. I'm showing my friends, too, but after the 31st. :D

Thanks!

barrysfarm

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 1, 2005
My site was down for a while yesterday because I got boingboinged (which is awesome and bad at the same time!)

I updated the page with photos of the colors as well as added a purple color.

Check it out.

barrysfarm

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 1, 2005
I am totally gonna be a customer! Though I'll wait a few weeks for more colors, styles, and save $68 total. What other colors are you/your GF working on?

I'm not sure about more colors...they only make a few more colors, but they're black and brown and white....if anyone is interested in these colors, I'll add them.

There is some new stuff in the works, but you'll just have to wait and see.

ExileinBlonde

macrumors member
Mar 21, 2006
Hey Barry! I just placed my order and sent payment via Paypal for the Red Monster sleeve for my MacBook!!!
I can't wait to get it!!

barrysfarm

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 1, 2005
Hey Barry! I just placed my order and sent payment via Paypal for the Red Monster sleeve for my MacBook!!!
I can't wait to get it!!

Sweet, thanks! We may be having a photo contest with the monster sleeve. Something like: take a photo with yourself and your monster sleeve and you'll get a super discount coupon.

barrysfarm

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 1, 2005
Thanks! If the amount of traffic and sales of the past week is any indication, then this thing might be huge.

I posted this in the other thread, but no one has responded:

Someone posted these on digg...it's still in the upcoming section, but it's towards the top of it's category. I've never really used digg before. How does digg work? Is there a specific amount of diggs I need to hit to go to the popular stories section?

Here the link:
http://digg.com/gadgets/Cookie_Monster_Laptop_Sleeve

njmac

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2004
Yeah, I actually wanted to congratulate you on this. You seem to have made a big impression on bloggers and have gotten a huge ammount of press!

I agree, this thing certainly could be huge for you... and not just for the monster sleeve but for your tee-shirts too. I imagine you will be very successful. :)

barrysfarm

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 1, 2005
An update: business has sky rocketed since the boing boing and digg exposure. We may be in a couple magazines coming up, and have had an offer for a brick and mortar store to sell them. The 15% voucher should still be working (Mac_rumors) for those interested.

So, a customer asked for a special orange one to be made (which we don't typically make, but we're nice so we did anyways) and once he got it, he decided that he'd rather have a blue one, which isn't a big deal. But, this leaves us with this orange one that is made of a fabric that isn't as readily available to us. We can't list it on the site, because we only have so much left before we can't get anymore, so I'm selling it here at a discounted rate.

It's macbook sized.

$45 shipped.

front.jpg

inside.jpg

barrysfarm

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 1, 2005
So, we added a few new items over the weekend.

We've added a few new colors and styles. Such as bright pink, orange, and white. Also, for $10 more, you can get a strap and extra padding added to the sleeve, that makes it more like a bag. Also, for only $20 you can get an smaller monster pouch.

Also, we're releasing some new buttons, that you guys might enjoy. Plus, they're pretty cheap. $1 a piece, or $4 for all 5.

extra1.jpg

main.jpg

newmian.jpg

extra.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.