Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

A new video by YouTube user Junya Sakamoto posted over the weekend shows off a homemade robot, created by Sakamoto, that masters the trickiest stages of popular mobile game Puzzles and Dragons (via Kotaku). The four minute video uploaded to Sakamoto's self-titled YouTube channel details the initial creation and design of the robot to the final, tangible realization of the iPhone game-beating device.

Puzzles and Dragons requires users to match colored orbs to defeat monsters, with patterns that get increasingly tricky the further the game progresses. Connected to a laptop, the robot analyzes and predicts the best moves possible in the current level, resulting in high-scoring combos that would be extremely difficult for the game's players to naturally achieve.

In an earlier video (the first of only two on Sakamoto's channel), the robot's creator uses an attached microphone to dictate commands to the device and navigate the iPhone without touching it. Using only voice, the robot unlocks the iPhone, transcribes a note, and even plays a piano app.

Article Link: Homemade Robot Masters iPhone Game and Voice Dictation

Macwick

macrumors 6502
Dec 9, 2008
Pffft I created one of these robots too. I just didn't post a YouTube video of it.

Reactions: DCW

Nunyabinez

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2010
Provo, UT
This video brought to you by:
tmtomh-2.jpg

subjonas

macrumors 603
Feb 10, 2014
Sweet, soon we won't have to play games anymore. We'll just be able to buy a game then set a robot to beat it while we go and plow our driveways.

djgamble

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2006
Wow all that effort just so he can cheat the high scores for a game.

Kidding... it's awesome!

Kajje

macrumors 6502a
Dec 6, 2012
Asia
A fully automated manufacturing line to build these machines is being built as we speak.

Gudi

Suspended
May 3, 2013
Berlin, Berlin
Actually I was looking for one specific to Brandenburg as the user I quoted was located in Berlin and its (Brandenburg) the most in debt state in Germany and was on the verge of bankruptcy too.
Nope. Berlin is a city and a state independent from Brandenburg, like New York City belongs to New York State and not to New Jersey. In Germany the whole federation guarantees for debts of individual states (in case of bankruptcy) and there is a permanent mechanism to redistribute tax income from richer to poorer states, because it's a constitutional goal to create comparable living standards everywhere. That's why state debts are often compared on a debt per capita basis. Brandenburgs debt is actually quite low 18.2 billion total (8000 euro per resident). The article you've linked praises Brandenburg (-2.8%) and Berlin (-1.2%) for their debt reduction in 2014.

acegreen

Cancelled
Jun 25, 2015
Nope. Berlin is a city and a state independent from Brandenburg, like New York City belongs to New York State and not to New Jersey. In Germany the whole federation guarantees for debts of individual states (in case of bankruptcy) and there is a permanent mechanism to redistribute tax income from richer to poorer states, because it's a constitutional goal to create comparable living standards everywhere. That's why state debts are often compared on a debt per capita basis. Brandenburgs debt is actually quite low 18.2 billion total (8000 euro per resident). The article you've linked praises Brandenburg (-2.8%) and Berlin (-1.2%) for their debt reduction in 2014.

Ok fair enough! Berlin maybe its own city and state but its within and surrounded by Brandenburg. Also just because the article praised debt REDUCTION doesn't mean its not heavily in debt. Also explaining how Germany handles debt distribution is irrelevant to this article, I'm sure Japan has similar policies.

To be honest, I'm not sure where you comment about Japanese debt came from, given that this article is on robots cracking tricky games.

So I was just saying Brandenburg as well as various other states/countries are in debt, whats your point? its irrelevant to this article and sort of an aggressive stance.

Last edited:

Gudi

Suspended
May 3, 2013
Berlin, Berlin
So I was just saying Brandenburg as well as various other states/countries are in debt, whats your point?
Japan is not in debt like other countries are in debt, it's in debt by 2.4 times it's GDP (Greece 1.7x, Germany 0.7x). The country is in urgent need of a currency reform, which will render the Yen worthless and erase all JPY nominated debts. But it's not coming, because nobody wants to lose their face.
It's irrelevant to this article and sort of an aggressive stance.
Maybe. It's also a fact and speaks to the pointlessness of all endeavors in present age Japan. To much time on my hands. etc. The problem is too huge to not have an effect on all aspects of Japanese life, including the ability to buy expensive MacBooks instead of ThinkPads. There is this big elephant in the room everybody in the country tries to ignore and the best thing one can do is to say, look a big elephant. But never mind, let's speak more about Wall-E.

npmacuser5

macrumors 68000
Apr 10, 2015
Sweet, soon we won't have to play games anymore. We'll just be able to buy a game then set a robot to beat it while we go and plow our driveways.
I would prefer leave the gaming to me and have the Robot plow the driveway. When done deliver a nice warm cup of hot chocolate so I can keep my concentration going.:)

HaukeHauke

macrumors newbie
Jun 9, 2015
constant listOfFakeAppleIDs

while
true
Touch AppStore
Touch Search
Touch "S O M E A P P"
Touch Ratings
Touch Rate
Touch "P A S S W O R D"
Touch Star to the far right
Press Homebutton
Touch Settings
Touch iTunes & AppStore
Touch Apple-ID
Touch LogOut
Touch Login
Touch listOfFakeAppleIDs.next()
Press Homebutton​
end while

profit.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.