Homepage threads

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by lopresmb, Aug 7, 2005.

1. lopresmb macrumors 6502

I know the answer is simple and explained somewhere, but for some reason I can't seem to find it...... how does a thread link get to be listed in the homepage? I would imagine it has something to do with the ammount of views / replys, but I can't figure it out... thanks

(P.S. I was kinda wondering because I started a help thread for a freezing iBook, and was just thinking that if it doesn't get on the front page that it is going to get very few views / responses)

--thanks for the halp and answers

2. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

threads get put on the homepage when there is activity in the thread, although there is certainly a delay. so when it is a new thread it gets moved to the top, and as long as people keep posting in the thread it stays at the top..... i almost forgot that threads were linked on the homepage, i always use the forums 'new post' button to browse the forums

3. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

I think the threads with the most recent posts are listed there, so if it doesn't get a reply or activity it moves down quickly. But relax, there are plenty of members who go through the forums extensively.

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

4. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Ahhhhh, beaten to the punch. I too, used to use the front page, but now I never use it, ever, for checking the forums. I use the new posts almost exclusively.

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

5. munkle macrumors 68030

munkle

I'm still old school and normally browse via the homepage. Might have to check out this "new post" malarky though, sounds like a better way to navigate the MR jungle :)