Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lopresmb

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 29, 2005
I know the answer is simple and explained somewhere, but for some reason I can't seem to find it...... how does a thread link get to be listed in the homepage? I would imagine it has something to do with the ammount of views / replys, but I can't figure it out... thanks

(P.S. I was kinda wondering because I started a help thread for a freezing iBook, and was just thinking that if it doesn't get on the front page that it is going to get very few views / responses)

--thanks for the halp and answers

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
threads get put on the homepage when there is activity in the thread, although there is certainly a delay. so when it is a new thread it gets moved to the top, and as long as people keep posting in the thread it stays at the top..... i almost forgot that threads were linked on the homepage, i always use the forums 'new post' button to browse the forums

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
I think the threads with the most recent posts are listed there, so if it doesn't get a reply or activity it moves down quickly. But relax, there are plenty of members who go through the forums extensively.

Woof, Woof - Dawg
pawprint.gif

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
PlaceofDis said:
i almost forgot that threads were linked on the homepage, i always use the forums 'new post' button to browse the forums

Ahhhhh, beaten to the punch. I too, used to use the front page, but now I never use it, ever, for checking the forums. I use the new posts almost exclusively.

Woof, Woof - Dawg
pawprint.gif

munkle

macrumors 68030
Aug 7, 2004
On a jet plane
I'm still old school and normally browse via the homepage. Might have to check out this "new post" malarky though, sounds like a better way to navigate the MR jungle :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.