Homeschool discount???

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mbcollins93, Dec 20, 2008.

1. macrumors member

mbcollins93

Hi right after christmas i am going to buy a macbook pro. I want to get my home school discount because i qualify, but all of a sudden i look at the homeschool page and it is inactive http://www.apple.com/education/shop/homeschool/
    have they closed it down. I mean it is only a $100, but everyone could use a hundred dollars in this day in age, but any news you can give me will help. I just dont know why they would shut it down.
    thanks

2. macrumors 6502a

Try giving them a call to see what's going on.

Don't know where you're from so here's a few numbers:

US: 1-800-692-7753 - Apple Sales Reps.
    Canada: 1-866-852-7753 - Education Customers Support
    UK: 0845 600 1683 (low rate) - Sale Reps
    0800 048 0408 - Purchase by phone, but no "low rate" so I assume it's free? They might be able to help you out too.

3. macrumors 6502a

To be honest, you can just put in any university, because they won't check to see if you actually go there. Just save yourself the trouble and say you went to Harvard. ;)

4. macrumors 68040

They changed the link and took it off the menus.

But it is still there.....

http://www.apple.com/education/k12/homeschool

The crappy thing is that since they did it, and I was buying something in the store that was cheaper in the HS store - she was willing to give me that pricing, but she couldn't even find it. UGH. I need to put the link in my phone right now while i'm thinking about it.

ETA: Well, crap. That one isn't working now. I used it yesterday afternoon to get into the store to check on a post i read here. Time for feedback.....

5. macrumors 6502

I found that www.macconnection.com has better discounts than the Home School discount, you might be better off ordering from them.

6. macrumors 6502

Yeah, or just pick a local public school

7. macrumors newbie

8. thread starter macrumors member

mbcollins93

9. macrumors 6502

wow i didn't realize apple gives discounts to home-schoolers....very interesting!