Honda Ad

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Sharewaredemon, Jan 31, 2006.

1. Sharewaredemon macrumors 68000

Sharewaredemon

While browsing The Mill's site I came across this ad.

Quite stunning.

Such a great idea too, I wish there were more ads like this.

2. iGav macrumors G3

I'm nearly 99% certain that the concept has been used before, and for a car too. I've been racking my brains ever since I first saw it.... certain of it.

Honda are on to a good thing with W+K, they've consistantly put out pukka campaigns for their models of the last 3 years, starting with 'Cog' then the 'Change Something' campaign, and last years 'Impossible Dream' spot. ;)

Infact... the ad's are better than the cars. heh.

3. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

wow - and I was first thinking this was going to be a repost of the honda parts kinetic commercial.

Very cool - I found myself wanting to close my eyes and not be distracted by the video to here the sounds better.

D

4. BakedBeans macrumors 68040

BakedBeans

It's been played regularly over the last couple of weeks here in the UK - Very impressive. Great ads from that company.

5. AlBDamned macrumors 68030

AlBDamned

It's a clever concept but way too long an advert IMO.

I love the new Civic though - the dash is mad. Not sure how an OAP will deal with it...

Weiden + Kennedy have indeed won awards for their Honda ads. Is this one another Cannes Lions winner? Maybe.

6. iGav macrumors G3

You raise an interesting point.

Should (like 'Cog') this advert be... shall we say heavily influenced conceptually and aesthetically from a previous source, should or indeed does it deserve to win awards?

'Cog' deserved to for it's technical execution, but as a creative idea it shouldn't have.

7. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Oh I love this advert. First time I saw it I was in awe, second time (and every other) I shut my eyes. that choir are good.
    Honda are brilliant when it comes to adverts. If I pause TV and fast forward through the ads I'll always stop to watch a Honda advert. from an advertising standpoint; they win. people stop and, perhaps, eagerly await their advertisements.

In a way its like Viral advertising but on TV. They're a topic of discussion, they're enjoyed, they're recorded or awaited. Fun to watch. if there was a button at the bottom of the screen saying "email to friend" you would probably press it.

8. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

I thought it was ok. There was sumthin' about it that I didn't like.

9. rickvanr macrumors 68040

rickvanr

Very cool ad. Haven't seen it over here in NA yet, but I don't watch that much TV. I really like honda commercials, the Civic commercial were it's busting out all over the place is really cool too.

10. chibianh macrumors 6502a

chibianh

It's not shown in NA because the Civic hatch shown in the commercial isn't for the US market. Americans don't like hatches. However, I do, and I have one. lol

11. rickvanr macrumors 68040

rickvanr

I thought it looked a little different.

12. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

Is that the voice of the guy from Prairie Home Companion? Where the only introverts and extroverts who think that program is funny are over the age of 65?

13. freeny macrumors 68020

freeny

Okay, and whats their point? Youll want to buy our car because we can get 40-50 people together and mimic the sounds of the car?

Way too long in my opinion. Although I'm sure this will be a Super Bowl length version only. I will probably find the shorter version a little less annoying, but annoying nontheless.

14. Lau Guest

I didn't think that much of it the first time I saw it, but watching it again I did notice the nice photography in it. I did really like the "Hate Something, Change Something" ones though.

15. MacRy macrumors 68040

MacRy

16. Dandaman macrumors 6502

doh! i watched it earlier today, but the site won't show up anymore...

daniel

17. Dandaman macrumors 6502

18. iGav macrumors G3

19. floriflee macrumors 68030

floriflee

I loved that parts kinetics commercial! It was my favorite for the longest time. As far as Honda goes, at least, the people across the pond tend to get the better commercials....

20. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I loved it. I wish I could download it though.

21. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

Yup. Thanks Sharewaredemon for letting the rest of us non-UK, and non-TV watching folk to see the ad. :D I always get a kick outta things like this.

22. Little King macrumors member

Hmmm... sounds like a certain computer company we all love. ;)

23. iGav macrumors G3

hahahaha :p yeah, that Intel ad esepecially is cheeky as. :eek: :p