Honeymoon Destination

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Aaon, Jan 19, 2006.

1. Aaon macrumors 6502

Hello, everyone. So, I am getting married in Late September, 2007 (I know, its a long time from now, but thats how it goes :p), and I am starting to consider Honewmoon locales. My Fiancee and I aren't totally enamored of the beach or anything, so I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions for a weeklong trip. Where did/would you go, and why? Thanks for the help!

2. ChrisBrightwell macrumors 68020

ChrisBrightwell

Take a look at Chattanooga, TN.

That's most likely where my fiancee and I will spend our honeymoon. There's plenty to do, but all we've ever seen is the aquarium on a day trip. We'll See Rock City, walk through the aquarium, visit the Chattanooga Choo Choo, and lord knows what else.

3. thedude110 macrumors 68020

thedude110

I'm getting married in July and the woman and I are going on a cruise to Alaska. Sort of cliche, I suppose, but we're eager to head north, check out some glaciers and go dog sledding.

I wanted to take a land expedition up to the Arctic, but was ... rebuffed. ;)

4. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

I would recommend a Germany/Austria/Switzerland trip.

5. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Victorian high country in the autumn, go to places like Bright...
    [​IMG]

Beechworth...
    [​IMG]

And Falls Creek (ski resort) just as it's starting to cool down...
    [​IMG]
    ....but minus the snow.

It'd be a top honeymoon, a week in the high country followed by a week in Melbourne shopping, going to theatres etc.

6. Lau Guest

What about some sort of European city, or a tour of two or three cites? What do you and your fiancée like doing on holiday? Where are you based at the moment?

7. evoluzione macrumors 68020

evoluzione

down the road, that's where i'll always be
    where are you now? how far are you willing to travel? do you like good food? do you like to relax? outdoor activities?? the more info you give us, the more we can help fella :)

oh, and i recommend Vegas baby! ;)

8. Aaon thread starter macrumors 6502

Hey all, thanks for the replies. We will be living in Indiana, but we are willing to go pretty much anywhere. Our first plan was for an alaskan cruise, but sadly it will be too late in the season. The honeymoon will be over the first and second weeks of october, most likely. She's not big on camping and fishing or anything, but love ssenic views and such. We're fans of good meals, and willing to try new tings. We both love museums and theater, and while I won't say that money is no object or anything, we will have the funds available to have a nice trip!

I had contemplated a european trip, as we've never been to europe before. However I'm worried that a whirlwind tour of europe isn't the best thing for a romatic honeymoon. Maybe if we could settle on one or two destinations in Europe, that could work out....

9. ChrisBrightwell macrumors 68020

ChrisBrightwell

Seriously ... scenery and food. Have you been to Chattanooga? :) There's plenty of stuff in the area, too, in Huntsville (esp the Space and Rocket Center) and Atlanta.

I may be a bit biased, but the best food in the world is from the southeastern US.

10. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

While I am still not sure of your demographic/interests Aaon - here are a couple of suggestions :

It is my understanding that many smaller New England Towns have Winter Festivals - which bring out the town - involve ice sculptures, snowman building - cocoa/cider - warm fires etc. I have always wanted to go to one of these towns to enjoy the festivities if I was in your shoes - hole up at a nice Bed-and-breakfast while you are there.

River cruise in Europe/Russia. Have heard many positive stories about said trips, especially the latter.

Depending on your interests, you may just want to go to a European City that interests you - most will be relatively cold, but it will be the off-season and things will be cheaper with less need for reservations.

A specific city recommendation (somewhat out-of-the-ordinary): Riga, Latvia.

11. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

what about hawaii... or my friends mom (remarried) went to Greece and Rome.....
    my parents went to mexico and weren't happy....

12. maestro55 macrumors 68030

maestro55

Have you ever visited Texas? And I mean REALLY visited? Austin, TX is a great place to visit, sixth street as plenty of good clubs with good drinks and good music, if you are that kind of "party person". Or if you perfer the more romantic southern bed and breakfast there are plenty of those around. But I am biased to Texas as I live here.

Now you asked where we would all go, and I would personally want to go to France, I have never been to France and there happens to be a radio amateur that rents his house out to people for week visits. I would certainly be interested in doing that, and since he doesn't live in the house that he rents out and there is a full amateur radio station there it would be a nice place. Of course I would be going with a lady who was also a ham and apart from the radio we could find plenty of things to do to keep us busy in this part of france.

I hate PLANNING trips, a lot of people like the prospect of knowing everything they do. My idea of a good time is flying somewhere and exploring on my own. I mean you need to have a general idea of what things will cost and take plenty of money, but the idea of planning what to see is just boring to me.

Have fun wherever you go!!

13. evoluzione macrumors 68020

evoluzione

down the road, that's where i'll always be
    aaon ... well great! that helps :)

i stand by my Vegas suggestion ;) i recently got married there, and we'll be moving there we loved it so much (and we only gambled about $100). it's a great place, the best food - tons of top top restaurants to choose from... tons of stuff to see and do, and, you're real close to some stunning national parks. we stayed at the new five-star Wynn hotel, and it was just amazing.

other than that, well, Europe is always a top idea. easy to travel, tons to see, beautiful places, great food etc etc.

14. Sdashiki macrumors 68040

Sdashiki

Maho Bay Resorts

St. John

US Virgin Islands

Not a hotel, its better.

No cruise ships (they stay on St Thomas)

Nothing but sand, blue ocean and relaxation.

Oh and peacocks.

www.maho.org

15. rickvanr macrumors 68040

rickvanr

Cuba's awesome! Even if you don't want to do the beach, there is still tonnes to do.

16. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant