Hong Kong MacBook Pro keyboard?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Noted, May 29, 2006.

1. Noted macrumors member

My sister is getting me a MBP in Hong Kong. However, i'm really worried about the keyboard having chinese characters on it or something. Apparently the keyboard will be the US keyboard but I'm not 100%. I emailed Apple Hong Kong and they asked me to phone Apple hong kong support :rolleyes:

So, does anyone know for sure?

2. cruxed macrumors regular

cruxed

Don't worry, all the keyboards on Hong Kong macs are US based keyboards.

There are no Chinese characters whatsoever, so you sister won't have to worry :)

Enjoy the Macbook Pro!

3. generik macrumors 601

generik

Are they cheaper there?

My main concern would be that the laptop has issues and you won't be able to 1-1 exchange it when in the US.

4. bigandy macrumors G3

bigandy

worldwide warranty. :rolleyes:

5. Noted thread starter macrumors member

Yep. They are around £500 cheaper over there. Not sure if they are any cheaper to people in the US. I don't think so.

6. peanut48 macrumors regular

was plannin on asking a friend to get me a macbook from hong kong....coz its cheaper than my edu discount in australia...so cheap that an 2.0 GHZ White macbook with 80 GB HD in Hong kong is cheaper than a similar model except for an 60 GB HD in the australian education store...

7. wako macrumors 65816

lol...

if it was to have all the chinese characters on the keyboard, the keyboard would be the size of a football field ;)