Honor Societies?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by yg17, Oct 31, 2006.

1. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

I got invited to join Alpha Iota Delta which is (quoted from the invitation) "the Decision Sciences honorary society. This honor society serves the needs of Business & Management Systems and Information Science & Technology majors"

Of course, this membership includes a $55 fee. Is it really worth it, will an employer actually care if I'm a member or not when they're looking over my resume?

2. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

Congrats for being considered, and I'm sure your grey matter and endeavors to contribute toward a better society are well intact and good intentioned.

These offers generate profit and can appeal to ego and are not unlike the "Who's Who in American .........." memberships. Each year there are a fresh class of graduates who get these kinds of invitations and are willing to pay to have the memory in print.

Will a future employer consider it as a notable plus on a resume? I have my doubts. But it would be something to show to the grand kids.

3. thedude110 macrumors 68020

thedude110

I think its worth the resume tag for your first post-college job search. I joined through my university back in the day, but they covered all the fees.

Haven't re-upped since, though ... :eek: