Hooking my mac up to another monitor/tv...HELP!

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by MacAztec, Jan 1, 2003.

1. MacAztec macrumors 68040

MacAztec

Ok, so for xmas I wanted to re-arrange my room, and get all my electronics on one side of the room, and my bed on the other.

So on one side of my room, I have my computer (G4 400MHz AGP w/Radeon Mac Edition), a ViewSonic A70f 17in CRT monitor, my Logitech Computer Speakers, my Aiwa Speakers, TEAC 5 Disc CD Player, TEAC Audio/Video Receiver, SHARP VCR, an XBOX with XBOX Live, a cheap 27in TV with NO inputs, and a box that has cable in/out with 5 spots for 5 different things to hook up to your TV. It has 5 different hookup spots with RCA and SVideo on each. So I have 5 RCA and 5 SVideo spots.

Now, I want to hook up my computer to my monitor because I got a Logitech Cordless Duo for XMas, and if I can hook them up, I can use my computer from my bed, on my TV.

So I went to best buy and got a splitter for my computer, so I can hook up my logitechs and my aiwas to either my computer and my TV. Then I got a 10 ft. MINI to RCA cable, to hook up my computer to my AIWA speakers. Then I got an RCA Video cable to hook up my video card (Radeon Mac Edition) to my box that has all the inputs that connects to my TV. I have an adapter that is SVideo to Video Cable, so I connected the two. I rebooted the TV and the Computer, and then clicked "Detect Displays". Nothing happened. I had the newest drivers and stuff, but nothing happened. I made sure everything was connected and it still didn't work.

So then I got an SVideo cable and tried to hook it up, and still I get nothing.

Can someone help me out here?

2. MacAztec thread starter macrumors 68040

MacAztec

Well

Is there any firmware drivers that are out that wouldnt be on ATIs site?

3. WannabeSQ macrumors 6502

Im not sure if that card is dual head compatible, but it nevertheless should be able to mirror. I did that with my PM 8600 back in the day. I dont have any advice other than try new drivers or firmware. Also, if you have another source, make sure the S video cable is functioning. Another test is to try a different TV with inputs, maybe for some reason the computer can't see the switchbox? Good luck.

4. MacAztec thread starter macrumors 68040

MacAztec

Hmmmm

Did ATI like drop the Radeon Mac Edition? There is no new firmware for it since 9/01. Can someone find something newer?

5. ShaolinMiddleFinger macrumors 6502a

ShaolinMiddleFinger

The ATI Radeon 7000 Mac edition does TV mirroring....if it helps you out.... Good luck, sounds like a good setup.

6. alex_ant macrumors 68020

alex_ant

Wow... that post read like a Circuit City ad.

"So I was wondering, is it safe to put my computer on the floor? Will it suck in too much dust? It's an Apple® Power Macintosh® G4 dual 800MHz with with an 80GB 7200rpm UltraATA hard drive, 512MB of PC133 SDRAM (2 DIMMs), and an AGP nVidia® GeForce 2 Titanium® graphics card. At the moment it sits on my desk next to my Sony® MDR-1220 60-watt stereo system with 5-disc CD changer, dual cassette, and digital AM/FM tuner, my Technics® SD-518P stereo parametric graphic EQ, and my Apple® 17-inch Cinema Display®. Thanks."

7. MacAztec thread starter macrumors 68040

MacAztec

Who are you talking to?

8. MacAztec thread starter macrumors 68040

MacAztec

Oh

If you are talking to me, I said all that so you would know what I am hooking up.