Hooking up a VideoGame Machine (the Wii) to Cinema display

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by JackArc, Oct 6, 2006.

1. JackArc macrumors regular

JackArc

2. vniow macrumors G4

Get something like an EyeTV and hook the Wii to that. Going to the Cinema display directly will require some expensive adapters, best to go through the Mac first.

3. halohunter9 macrumors newbie

You can try the Elgato EyeTV Hybrid. I know it can work with a macbook pro and a tv input(cable) but i dont know if it will work on a display. It does say that it works with vidoe game consoles

4. AppleIntelRock macrumors 65816

AppleIntelRock

if the wii sports dvi out, it'll be easy..... :D

5. Foxglove9 macrumors 65816

Foxglove9

I'm hoping it does! :crosses fingers:

6. AppleIntelRock macrumors 65816

AppleIntelRock

I'm also hoping it has unlimited access to retro games and all the game titles are sub-$10 :D :D :D :D

7. usbcd36 macrumors newbie

I've been thinking about the same thing lately, mainly because I have computer speakers that support Dolby Digital/ProLogic II, which my stereo does not. Therefore, I thought it would be nice to hook my 'Cube up to the computer and play through there, but it turns out that there is a small lag between DV cameras and BTV Pro/QuickTime/other capture app, so the games are unplayable. I've been investigating other ways, but what I really wish is that someone would make a consumer-grade PCIe video capture card. I'm not interested in spending thousands for a Kona 3 here.

On the other hand, if you have the cash, go for an Elgato EyeTV EZ, which is advertised as being good for playing games through your computer. I might check out the Hybrid mentioned earlier, though. It appears to be cheaper…