Horde Paladins, Ally Shamans?

Discussion in 'Games' started by ZoomZoomZoom, Jul 21, 2006.

1. ZoomZoomZoom macrumors 6502a

ZoomZoomZoom

2. CJM macrumors 65816

CJM

I was wondering if there was going to be a topic on this.

I'm sitting in the middle of the seesaw right now as far as I'm concerned.

On the one hand, I feel they've damaged the lore somewhat; retconned their own retcon, i.e. draenei being shamen, then paladins and now shamen again and the whole BE 'stealing the Light' doo dah.

Yet on the other, I think that this is certainly for the good of the game. People moaning how there will never be any Shamen in raids is a lie, there will always be a few (extra buffs).

Though I think you can compare the Paladin and Shamen on the Draenei race with the Orcs having Warlocks and Shamen; extreme opposites. Though personally I reckon that is actually more extreme that the Draenei's case.

3. Haoshiro macrumors 68000

Haoshiro

I agree with those that say this takes some of the uniqueness of the two sides away, ashame really.

4. Schmittroth macrumors regular

Schmittroth

I don't play WoW. Were these 2 classes the only faction specific ones? Blizzard uses corresponding units and identical tech trees in WC3. Mind you
    while every race has, for example, a seige weapon that worked differently, ever race did have that primary seige engine.

5. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I agree with the concept of blood elf pallies. However, I suspect that draenai shamans were added simply to balance things out. I'll probably still end up making a shaman though :)

Yes.

6. Josh396 macrumors 65816

Josh396

As will I. I'm also hoping I can get a few of my friends to switch back to my server and Alliance after this news. Although I did kinda like the idea of Horde only having Shaman and Alliance having Pallies, even if they do steal my plate.