Horizontal scrolling mouse

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by lazyboy922, Mar 8, 2007.

1. lazyboy922 macrumors 6502

Dec 9, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV

I am in the market for a new mouse. I would like a two button mouse that scrolls horizontally and vertically like the mighty mouse. I owned a mighty mouse in the past, and liked it. However, it didn't last too long and broke :-(

I have since been attached to a two-button mouse, but it only vertical scrolls. Can anyone recommend me a good 4 way scrolling mouse? I would like one similar to the mighty mouse movement, and not two separate button scrolls (one for horizontal , one for vertical) like I have seen.

2. scttwtkns macrumors newbie

Mar 6, 2007
    horizontal scroller

Sorry Lazyboy922, I don't know of another horizontal scrolling mouse, but i have been using a might mouse heavily for about a year now, and it still works great. I wouldn't be disuaded from getting another.
  3. diamond3 macrumors 6502a

Oct 6, 2005
    Here you go. I don't know much about the mouse, but its the only one i have seen so far that is similar to the mm.

Here it is at amazon. Its on sale. I guess the only thing is that it scrolls up and down, and then you lean it to the right to scroll that direction. Also the scroll wheel is smooth unlike most. This is what I picked up from the reviews etc. I haven't seen one that scrolls horizontal, only the tilt thing.

Edit: Here is a logitech one thats similar.
  4. diamond3 macrumors 6502a

Oct 6, 2005
    While I was trying to find another mouse I came across a cool trick that I didn't know existed.
    If you hold shift while scrolling it will scroll vertical. Thats a nice feature that I didn't know about. I am sure I will use it in iMovie.

shift + scroll=horizontal scrolling
    ctrl + scroll=zoom in and out
    option + scroll = back and forward on webpages in firefox, I dont know what else.
  5. PkennethV macrumors 6502a

Aug 16, 2006
    Not sure what your price limit is but I've tried this in person (want want but can't justify buying one since the mighty mouse that came with my MBP works fine...) and the scroll wheel is amazing (smoothly spins for a while after you take your finger off). You can push the scroll wheel to the side to scroll horizontaly.
    Logitech VX
    Or MX

the VX is a more portable alternative to the MX
  6. murdoc158 macrumors regular

Jan 8, 2007
    West Bend, WI
    agreed. I have the MX and it is great.