horrible iPod luck?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by ero87, Sep 22, 2006.

1. ero87 macrumors 65816

ero87

My iPod photo was replaced because of hardware failure in june. The replacement had the same sad icon face happening, so i sent that in and got another replacement.

Now THIS replacement is giving me the sad face, and won't switch into disk mode. It's still in the 90-day warranty, but i'm sick of getting refurb ipods that are boudn to break within weeks. Is there a way for me to yell at apple and have them send me a REAL solution? I'm very very frustrated.

2. Ubuntu macrumors 68000

Apple sent me a replacement iPod 60GB, it arrived DOA. Sent me another one, worked fine, but it was a 30GB. Sent me another one, 60GB, DOA. Sent me a third one, DOA too.

Main thing is that I kept my calm. Do not yell, it won't get you anywhere. It's annoying, I know, but I got £100's worth of accessories for free as well as a brand new iPod 60GB, new warranty.

If you do end up getting another DOA iPod remind them that you are entitled to a brand new iPod after your third iPod, just so they know that you know what you're talking about.

3. MacinJosh macrumors 6502a

Hmm... so you get a brand new iPod if your older gen iPod is shot. Maybe not so horrible luck after all, eh?

4. abeyk macrumors regular

abeyk

5. ero87 thread starter macrumors 65816

ero87

Interesting! Is there any official documentation that I can use as a reference when speaking to customer service? I don't wanna tell them: "Yeah, some guy in a forum said that you need to give me a new iPod." :)

6. sam10685 macrumors 68000

sam10685

get another replacement, sell it on ebay immediatly and use the $$$ you get to buy a brand new 5th generation ipod. that's what i'd do.