hosting games in WC3 frozen throne?

Discussion in 'Games' started by hiei, Apr 5, 2004.

1. hiei macrumors newbie

hi, i just bought WC3TFT and i was wondering how to host games i went to their support site

http://www.blizzard.com/support/?id=msi0784p
    and i did all the things but it still won't work.. is their anything else i have to do like turn off firewall? thanks for all your help

2. invaLPsion macrumors 65816

invaLPsion

If you want to host on Bnet you must lower your firewall. I have had the same problem but I usually play games over LAN with my friends where hosting is not a problem because we are playing on the smae network.

Hope that helps.... :)

3. haiggy macrumors 65816

If you are using a router, which I think you are if it still doesn't work with your firewall turned off, you have to forwards your ports. I forget what port it is but you have to go into your router configurations and forward port whatever it is to a certain IP address (maybe you don't have to include the IP) but it sounds like the problem are your ports. Before I did this I couldn't host games but now I can. :) I have an SMC router and in the configurations it had a selection menu for games or programs that specifically need forwarded ports and battle.net was in the pull down menu so I was in luck... but I knew how to do it anyways. :p

Edit: Hey, uh sorry you can find the port in WarCraft III under one of the options menus (gameplay,sound,video) I believe it is gameplay.

4. hiei thread starter macrumors newbie

i am using an airport router and i tried turning my firewall off and it still wont' work the port # is 6112 should i change it to the # they have on their site or is there another one i should change it to?

5. iAmAzN macrumors 6502

ive had this problem,

open ports 4000, 6112-6119 i believe

6. Rezet macrumors 6502a

Rezet

Azn, heh, U need to open both b.net and game ports on ALL firewalls using both protocols. and you need to enable b.net to connect directly as app.

7. hiei thread starter macrumors newbie

ok in my sharing folder the port #s are is " blizzard (4000, 6112-6119)" with the firewall on and still it won't work i've had my freind try and join and said he cant is there anything else i can do ? also my port in WC3 is 6112 if that helps...

8. iAmAzN macrumors 6502

i don't know if this will work or not but try enabling port triggering cuz thats what my brother did for me and it worked (for me at least)

9. haiggy macrumors 65816

Same with me, I had to trigger my ports as well.

10. hiei thread starter macrumors newbie

11. hiei thread starter macrumors newbie