Hosting Games in WC3

Discussion in 'Games' started by TranceClubMusic, May 2, 2004.

1. TranceClubMusic macrumors regular

TranceClubMusic

Why is it that when I create a Game online to be hosted - it just sits there and no one ever joins. Is there some sort of setting that I need to check?
    Ive tried to look everywhere. When I had a PC it justed worked. Can you Host Games online with a Mac?

2. iAmAzN macrumors 6502

3. Macmaniac macrumors 68040

Macmaniac

Are you referring to BattleNet? Or are you referring to Network play? If you have a router or AirPort it might not let you host games, I think there is a way around this.

4. MentalFabric macrumors 6502

MentalFabric

Many routers come with biult in firewall settings. There are instructions what to change on the b.net help site.

5. TranceClubMusic thread starter macrumors regular

TranceClubMusic

I am using a D-Link Router with an airport wireless card on my G5. I have no idea if Im behind a firewall or how to check.

6. TranceClubMusic thread starter macrumors regular

TranceClubMusic

Battle.net
    I do have a router instead of an airportbase station and use a wireless airport card for my G5.

7. TranceClubMusic thread starter macrumors regular

TranceClubMusic

I looked at the b.net help web site. Most instructions are for PCs NOT Apple. It talks about having certain ports open. I have no idea how to open ports on a Mac.

8. iAmAzN macrumors 6502

make sure you have ports: 4000, 6112-6119 open with port triggering on

9. TranceClubMusic thread starter macrumors regular

TranceClubMusic

How exactly do I do that? :confused:

10. Darwin macrumors 65816

Darwin

First check to see if your G5 has a firewall

(you may have a firewall that isn't from Apple, but I will show you the Apple one first)

In Mac OS X go into the System Prefs and then into Sharing

Click the Firewall tab, it wil say whether or not the Mac's Personal Firewall is on, if it is add those ports, if the Firewall is off then leave it since all traffic will get through anyway

Now for your router which is the one checking traffic from the internet

From what I know D-Link routers are accessed via your web broswer, you may want to check the manual for opening ports, but basicly you type in the IP address of the router in a web broswer, give the password and then you can change the settings and open up those ports :)

If your still unsure as said before check the manual, this should help you out

11. TranceClubMusic thread starter macrumors regular

TranceClubMusic

WOW! Finaly someone with some REAL info to help me with. Thank you sooooooo much. Your the only one that solved all my problems! Top Notch advice and everything works perfect!! Thank you!

12. dabomb2 macrumors newbie

yes im having the same problem with hosting. i did all of the things u guys said about goin to system prefs>sharing>firewall
    then now i dont know wtf this "router" stuff is about.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c304/tg4db2gabe/untitled.jpg
    thats what the screen looks like so sombody direct me through, and try to explain as easy as u can. im not that technicle :confused: