"Hot corners"

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by JzzTrump22, Jun 26, 2004.

1. JzzTrump22 macrumors 65816

I was wondering how you get the hot corners to work. I want to set it so my screen saver activates from clicking the bottom right corner and deactivates by clicking the bottom left corner. Any help?

2. Capt Underpants macrumors 68030

Capt Underpants

In the system preferences, click desktop and screensavers. Click the screensaver tab. In the bottom left there should be a button for hot corners. Hope that helps!

3. MoparShaha macrumors 68000

MoparShaha

Go to System Preferences -- Desktop & Screensaver --> Screen Saver --> Hot Corners. From here you'll be able to control Screen Saver activation and Expose in hotcorners. (You can also access these settings from the Expose control panel). Also, you don't actually "click" in the hotcorner. All you have to do is move the mouse to that corner, and it automatically activates.

4. Elan0204 macrumors 65816

Elan0204

The screen saver will always deactivate when you push a key or move the mouse (unless it is password protected, of course). You can't set a hot corner for deactivating the screen save, only for activating it. And as MoparShaha, you don't click on a hot corner, just moving your mouse into the corner activates the associated action.

5. JzzTrump22 thread starter macrumors 65816

6. MoparShaha macrumors 68000

MoparShaha

I think JzzTrump22 might have meant to disable the screen saver, as in not have it activate. You can do that. It's one of the choices in the dialog for setting hotcorners. Convenient when you want to overide the timeout for activation without having to go into System Preferences.

7. Elan0204 macrumors 65816

Elan0204

Oh, OK. If that was the case, then, my bad. Sorry. Anways, its good to hear you figured it all out JzzTrump22.