Hot-Key To Initialize Energy Saving?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by dailydoseofjosh, Aug 8, 2005.

1. dailydoseofjosh macrumors newbie

Hey,

I have my eMac running Tiger in my bedroom. I usually leave it running at night and my question was that if anyone knew of a program that I could use to turn off the monitor when I am asleep. A lot of times the screen saver may be bright, and its a annoying. I just want a hotkey or hot corner or something that I can use to put the screen into energy saver mode. Any hints? Thanks.

Joshua

2. Jo-Kun macrumors 6502a

why not just setup your energy savings panel to: put display to slepp in ... min... so first your screensaver will come up as usual... and lets say depending on the timing your screen will go to sleep... i never use the screensaver, my screens go to sleep 10 min when not in use... there is no hotcorner option for that... and no shortcut wich I know... so I guess this is the solution...

or

make a black image... put it in a new folder... choose that as screensaver (with images... don't know how its called...) so your screensaver will just give a black image, then allso set your sleep options for the screen, an then in screensaver -> hot corners you can select one... move your mouse there when you go to bed, screen will turn black (screensaver) and later your screen will go to sleep as set...

3. Awfki macrumors newbie