Hot Swappable HD's

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by cyberddot, Mar 9, 2006.

1. cyberddot macrumors 6502

cyberddot

2. FBDiver macrumors newbie

Enter the Sauna...

Granite Digital

Not hot swapable but very cool, stand alone network drive (no PC/Mac required) built in FTP server!! Can you say CHEAP offsite backup solution for small business, personal ftp, etc.....
    Buffalo Technologies

3. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

Ok, whatever floats your boat.. ;)

These have been out for some time. They are good products.
    I don't recommend them for Beige G3s, there are some incompatibities with the interface card's firmware. But they are champs on G4s and up.

A pair of Seagate 400 Gb SATA's + the Seritek two-bay enclosure + Retrospect makes a good backup system, rotate out the drives on a regular schedule. Much less expensive than a tape library system of the same capacity, and faster.

4. cyberddot thread starter macrumors 6502

cyberddot

Ahhh...I found this during a google and was lead to the page via links to the first two models on the list. Those two are indeed newer, with the Seritek listed as a Q1 2006 release. I did check the date on those just to make sure I didn't find some forgotten page showing products long gone (or only compatible with beige G3's :D ).

Indeed, a nice setup for backup or, with the four-bay in particular, a compact RAID (beyond RAID 0) with room for parity and a replacement drive all in one rack.

(Like those network drives too...thread 'jacker ;) )