Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mymemory

macrumors 68020
Original poster
May 9, 2001
Miami
What services are outher like Hotline? I know there is Lime Wire (but is too slow), there is Pitbull (just like hotline)... What others?

I'm just planing to do my back ups on-line like every one else:D

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
I use limewire and get on very well with it, of course I only download freeware ;)
The speed for me normally isn't to bad, and if it is then I just leave it running while I go to work and it gets there in the end...

barkmonster

macrumors 68020
Dec 3, 2001
Lancashire
is there an OS 9 eDonkey Client ?

I'm not sure if I'm getting it mixed up with something with monkey in the title but I'm looking for something specifically used for Music Video trading, particularly electronic music.

There's a site called freakits that encode a lot of videos, I've downloaded a few of the ones they've done on limewire before but finding anyone with the more rarely shown videos like "Autechre" or early "BT" videos is proving impossible.

Moxiemike

macrumors 68020
Jan 1, 2002
Pittsburgh, PA
Has anyone had any luck with iSwipe?? That one seems to be interesting conceptually.

Limewire is slow as a dog in world....

On a relative topic, if anyone out there uses eMusic, there's an ABSOLUTE neccessity available called TafkaR X and it allows you to download full albums at once.

It's pretty bada@@! Just go to the eMusic and "learn more" about full album downloads. Saves MAD time it does

m

ArtMan617

macrumors regular
Apr 4, 2002
Princeton, NJ
I know for OS X there's a program called Acquisition that is pretty good. However, if you're in 9 (and only looking for MP3's) I would recommend AudioGalaxy. Go to VersionTracker, search for "Mac Satellite" and download the latest version. Open that program, start a new account in preferences and then go to AudioGalaxy (in your web browser) and search for the MP3's that you want. You can then queue those through the browser and it will download them through Mac Satellite once they are ready. Again, this is only for MP3's, but you can find almost anything.

Also, of course, someone already suggested this, but I love Carracho. It works great and it's relatively easy to find servers. If you need servers/trackers, go to tracker-tracker . Anyway, good luck and happy downloading!

-ArtMan617

evildead

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2001
WestCost, USA
carracho

Carracho is by far the best in my opinion. The commmunity is great and I have been using for a long time. This have changed a little since I started and a lot of the good old boys have left but its still a strong community. I started with HotLine years ago but once I went Carracho.. I never looked back.

-evildead

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.