Hotmail and really old emails appearing

Discussion in 'Community' started by superbovine, Jun 26, 2005.

1. superbovine macrumors 68030

superbovine

I was checking my hotmail account today which i have since before msn owned hotmail. I was checking my email today, and i downloaded an abusrd number of emails to my box. After looking at the almost emails, it just old emails dating back from 1999 and up. Anyone expierence this today?

2. superbovine thread starter macrumors 68030

superbovine

3. Kushiro macrumors member

I'm guessing that you are using the mail.app add-on that allows you to view hotmail in mail.app. I think the problem was that one of the Hotmail mailboxes had filled up (it may have been a junk-mail overload, or just the mails not deleting after I downloaded them). Try going to hotmail proper and checking to see if you have any room left.

Of course, if you were doing everything through the Hotmail site, then I have no idea why that might have happened.

4. superbovine thread starter macrumors 68030

superbovine

i was using entourage...i have plenty of room left. the emails where from 1999 before this whole 250 mb limit. they just appeared. *shrug* weird. the mails weren't junk either.

5. iGary Guest

iGary

I checked my .Mac account and it said I had 331 messages in my box, but when I deleted the ones on the first page, nothign else was there.

I remotely checked my e-mail for my two business sites, and one of them had like two-month old e-mails, but nothing else...

Yes, weird.