hotmail dosen't work with safari?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by steelfist, May 2, 2006.

1. steelfist macrumors 6502a

recentlly, hotmail.com is acting weird when using safari. it will redirect, then go back, and keeps on going to this page, then to this, then back, and just goes in a cycle, and the page is always blank. anybody noticed this? it's pissing me off now.

2. fradac macrumors regular

ya, i have had the same problem.

i have been using firefox to get into hotmail.

3. Ashapalan macrumors 6502a

This was posted a few days ago, you'll find it a few pages down now.

The conclusion is that it is the new 'live' feature they are using, it only seems to be effecting safari, but you can still just go to the hotmail main page to get onto your mail.

Pain all the same.

4. mezo macrumors newbie

it works for me :confused: i just have to try a few times.

5. steelfist thread starter macrumors 6502a

do you guys think this has anything related to microsoft > mac users persecution? this is too coincidental. i mean, first they very slowly release msn, then don't work on vpc, and then now this. fishy isn't it?

6. kretzy macrumors 604

kretzy

Hotmail does suck with Safari. I use Entourage to try and avoid this, but I find it to be a bit unreliable and clunky to be honest. I think using another browser is the best option.

7. Gee macrumors 65816

You can collect your hotmail mail inside Mail instead if you like. Very easy solution - someone wrote a plugin for doing it. Check out Version tracker if you're interested....

8. kretzy macrumors 604

kretzy

I have tried this, but was never able to get it to work for some reason. :confused:

I might give it another go soon though. Entourage is really starting to bug me.

9. wmmk macrumors 68020

wmmk

and making you think you run heir terriblr os on your your wonderful, glorious mac ;)

10. mikes63737 macrumors 65816

ASP support on the Mac sucks. It never works right. This is part of the reason you can't sign out of Hotmail sometimes.

Oh well, all that I get in my hotmail account is spam from Microsoft. Gmail is much better, you should consider switching.

11. 4JNA macrumors 68000

4JNA

well put.

12. rspeaker macrumors 6502

You can't get it to work, and won't be able to, unless you upgrade to a "plus" or "Pro" or whatever they call their upgraded account. They stopped allowing retrieval in February-ish. I started having problems with the plug-in (called HTTPMail) around February, when I purchased my new iMac.

As for Safari issues... my brother first noticed the problem in our household. At the time I had no issues, but within a couple hours, I had the cycling problem too (thought it was odd that it took a few hours to affect me.) Anyhow, I've resorted to using Firefox, but only for Hotmail. I don't know that there's a better solution, unfortunately.