Hotmail + email = $

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by iGav, Jun 8, 2002.

1. irmongoose macrumors 68030

Dec 3, 2001
    Sometimes Tokyo, sometimes California
    naw, its just checking your POP email accounts from Hotmail that's gonna cost ya...

but still, this sucks... hasn't Microsoft gobbled up enough money for themselves yet!??? :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

2. iGav thread starter macrumors G3

Mar 9, 2002
    Aha........ that'd make sense........ the actually report has changed since I last checked it......

Nevermind, I have nothing to do with Hotmail, so it won't affect me in the slightest...... :D
  3. awulf macrumors 6502

Mar 1, 2002
    South Australia
    So why would it effect any of us? Why use Hotmail when we have free Mac mail which is POP and webmail.

I think it is stupid that you need to pay for an e-mail address that gets exploited to the world and also that recieves a tonne of inapropriate junkmail a day.

I used hotmail for a while but because of all the cr@py service I switched to garfield mail but I am on the verge to move to mail once I think the web mail service has all the features I need.
  4. Beej macrumors 68020

Jan 6, 2002
    Buffy's bedroom
    Ew... hotmail. I used to have a hotmail account before it became really popular. I moved to a address the day they were announced. I haven't looked back since.
  5. iGav thread starter macrumors G3

Mar 9, 2002
    I used to have a hotmail address....... back in 96 I think.......... eventually got fed up of be spammed almost continuously a couple of years ago...... :(

I took the mail address when they were released last year....... although I've since switched to GMX as IMHO it's a far superior service...... although I do maintain my email address....... especially now as it's web based too...... that makes it alittle easier to check my email anywhere in the world without my TiBook..... but then again GMX does that....... :p I don't get spammed on my GMX either...... :D :p