Hotmail goes CRAZY! 250mb

Discussion in 'Community' started by jeffy.dee-lux, Oct 13, 2004.

1. jeffy.dee-lux macrumors 6502a

anybody check out their hotmail accounts lately? 250mb oughta be enough for just bout anyone, right?

haha, heard that one before.
    can't seem to find any mention of the storage increase on the msn site, although they did mention that they would be doing this sometime this summer. not quite gmail, but its still 125 times better.

2. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

So they've actually done it now? They announced it AGES ago. But I don't use Hotmail anyway (I have a real address).

3. mvc macrumors 6502a

mvc

So, like, having a hotmail address is the equivalent of living in a cardboard box in the middle of the road? ;)

4. web_god61 macrumors regular

web_god61

wat are you guys talking about, my Hotmail account limit is only 2MB.

5. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Sounds about right :)
    Except that the cardboard box was originally used to hold Windows or similar Microsoft product :eek:

6. strider42 macrumors 65816

strider42

They are rolling it out, its not one big upgrade. Some people have been upgraded, others not. I haven't been yet.

Too bad they finally make it more useful,a dn then take away access through entourage and other third party apps, nuless you pay for the privilege. Surely the people hwo bought entourage should be entitled to use it. they say its to stop spammers, but I don't really think thats true. If I hadn't been using hotmail for last few years (happily too I might add, using entourage) so all my contacts know this email address, I'd be switching immediately to another service. I still might. POP access is so much better than the web based stuff.

7. munkle macrumors 68030

munkle

My hotmail account has been upgraded to 250MB for awhile now, well over a month ago and I can still use it with httpmail and Entourage. Oddly it stopped working with Entourage and a message came up saying I had to upgrade my account but then a week later it started working again.

I only use hotmail for creating accounts really but it's useful to have for now.

8. echeck macrumors 68000

echeck

Since I got gmail I never use my hotmail address(es) anymore. Thanks to Google for getting all this extra-storage stuff rollin'!

Google rocks. Gmail rocks.

9. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
  10. kjwebb macrumors regular

"Mailbox usage
    250MB
    Get more storage with Hotmail Plus"

I don't think I would want any extra storage especially as the hotmail account had 2MB's and now has the above fiqure (plus the fact that I have Gmail).

Now, I wonder when they will upgrade my 10MB (it's an old one) other hotmail account to 250MB?

11. Inkmonkey macrumors 6502

I noticed last night that mine is now 250 MB. I usually I only go in about once a week to delete all of the spam before I exceed my limit. Now I'll only have to check it once every couple of months. Yay!

12. sonyrules macrumors regular

Yup!

13. realityisterror macrumors 65816

realityisterror

actually, i believe you have to log in once every 30 days or else they will suspend your account... to regain access, you have to pay... :eek:
    at least.. it was this way...

and using hotmail is like living in a cardboard box... so many sites ban hotmail addresses for signing up these days... i just use my gmail..

reality

14. Wyvernspirit macrumors 6502a

Wyvernspirit

I usauly use my yahoo account. I have started to use my .Mac (using an alias so I can delete it when it gets to much spam), but only on more trusted sites.

15. SiliconAddict macrumors 603

SiliconAddict

Great. So instead of it taking 1 day to fill up my mailbox with spam it will take a month. :p

*shrugs* I stopped using my acct for real e-mail years ago. Its just a placeholder for reging for online "stuff" now.

16. Archaeopteryx macrumors regular

Quite honestly I pitty hotmail users.. I see them every day, they come into my work, sit and use a computer and then call me over because they need help

"I cant get into my email, your computer is broken"

"ohh well lets see try it"

-The server is too busy try again later

"See your computer is broken"

"Pardon me but do you know how to read?"

**true story too :-/ Variants on this happen daily.. though the biggest culprit is MSN Messenger :-/

17. Lancetx macrumors 68000

Lancetx

I strictly use Hotmail as my junk e-mail box. All of these sites like newspapers, etc, that require registration all get the Hotmail address, so 90% of what I get there is junk anyway. My limit is still at 2MB as of right now anyway, but hopefully the upgrade will come thru here soon.

18. stevehaslip macrumors 6502a

stevehaslip

i use gmail most of the time but some people don't have my address and i refuse to be one of those people that spam all their friends with their new address in a huge email! So i check both. But mine hasn't changed, Gmail does indeed rock!