Hotmail on mac doesn't let me change fonts/sizes.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by amycishere, Feb 26, 2007.

1. amycishere macrumors 6502

Feb 1, 2007
    I've tried both safari and firefox and it doesn't give me the little bars on top to change the fonts and everything. I find this very useful. Does it just not work on macs? Even checked the toolbar for enabling rich text editor and there is nothing. Thanks.
  2. heehee macrumors 68020

Jul 31, 2006
    Same country as Santa Claus
    It doesn't work on anything other than PC in IE.
  3. amycishere thread starter macrumors 6502

Feb 1, 2007
  4. CrzyCanuck72 macrumors 6502a

Jun 10, 2003
    If you have an older Hotmail account (ie. more than 2 or 3 years old), you can download httpmail (google it..), which is a plug-in that allows you to use Apple's Mail application for Hotmail. It's very good, and Mail lets you change fonts and everything (and it's way better for organizing and searching emails than Hotmail)
  5. floydsworld33 macrumors newbie

Dec 17, 2007
    Change Font in Hotmail For Macintosh

Click on Safari. Click Preferences then Appearance and you will see Standard Font....Fixed Font Width...Click the select keys on the right and choose to you liking....Close Safari and re-Open it and the new preferences should be saved...
  6. ale.x macrumors newbie

Jan 10, 2008
    how do i use this plug in ? i am not too good with computers you will have to talk me through it step by step....
    i have down loaded it but dont know how to use it to log in to my hotmail account