Hotspot Shield for iPhone- easiest question ever!

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by andrewwg94, Dec 26, 2009.

1. macrumors member

2. macrumors 68000

UngratefulNinja

"We are unable to provide connection ID's at this time. Please try again later."

3. thread starter macrumors member

ThanKs I thought it was my fault

4. macrumors newbie

Hotspot User ID and Password

I am still having the same response from Hotspot. Is there any solution for that?.:mad:
    "We are unable to provide connection ID's at this time. Please try again later."

5. macrumors 65816

im not going to try it, but it looks like a scam and may have downloaded some malicious software onto your computer, or they will spam you if you give them your email.

6. macrumors 6502a

Hotspot Shield is is not scam. I've been using it for about 2 years when I'm on public wif-fi systems. It has had several positive write-ups including one in Macworld magazine, which is how I learned of its existence.

7. macrumors 6502

chrisperro

anybody here using hotspotshield with firmware 3.1.2?
    I was using this VPN to listen to Pandora before update but after update I can't connect to Hotspotshield anymore.

8. macrumors newbie

I'm not sure it has anything to do with you updating your iphone's firmware to 3.1.2. I was recently in China, and used the hotspotshield VPN (with server 68.68.107.100). It worked for a week and a bit, and then one day my iphone stopped being able to connect to the VPN. This stopped working roughly around mid december 2009. I thought that that the server had been blocked in China, and that is why I could no longer connect. Nothing changed on my iPhone firmware wise as I didn't take my laptop with me. However I've tried a number of times since getting back to Australia, and I still cannot connect to the VPN. Given that the you currently cannot get an ID from the hotspot shield for iphone site, I figure that problem is with hotspotshield. Perhaps they are having problems, or have shut down the direct VPN service. On my computer I can still use the hotspotshield program, so it's not like hotspotshield doesn't work at all. Perhaps the iphone version has been shut down since as far as I remember, there is no advertising when you use it on the iPhone.

9. thread starter macrumors member

If anyone is still looking, itshidden.com worked for me on the iPhone. It's slow, but it works.

10. macrumors newbie

Solution

this is the instruction from Anchorfree, it works on mine 3G, 3.1.3:

>>
    >> - ? ? ? ? iPhone->Settings->General->Network->VPN->Add VPN Configuration
    >> - ? ? ? ? Select ³IPSec² tab
    >> - ? ? ? ? Description : ³IPSec² (or any other)
    >> - ? ? ? ? Server: 68.68.107.101
    >> - ? ? ? ? Account: id from
    >> http://hotspotshield.com/clientless/iphone/get_started.php; can use the
    same
    >> as for the currently deployed VPN (L2TP)
    >> - ? ? ? ? Password: same as account
    >> - ? ? ? ? Use certificate: Off
    >> - ? ? ? ? Group name: hss
    >> - ? ? ? ? Secret: hss
    >> - ? ? ? ? Proxy: Off (default)

11. macrumors member

Your configurations work fine on my iPhone 3G iOS 4 using IPsec option. I noticed that L2TP doesn't work with the given server ip address but it tries to connect though.

Thanks for your reply.